“Always a good stay”

Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Always a good stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

I've stayed here regularly over the last three years, and it's always been a great place to stay. The recent renovations have only improved the experience. With the renovation, the breakfast has transitioned to the better breakfast that many Hampton's are now offering (fresh waffles always, then something different each morning in a buffet-type server (for instance, scrambled eggs, smoked sausage slices, bagel toppers, etc)

I had one of the renovated rooms this last stay, and they have a nice and bit larger than normal mini-fridge in each room, along with a microwave and flat screen TV. Plenty of easy to access electrical plugs.

Location is very convenient to downtown and the interstate. It's just a little bit less convenient to the Biltmore, but nothing in Asheville is really far from the Biltmore. (I should clarify a bit about convenience -- you're about four - six minutes to downtown, and probably ten - twelve minutes to front gate of the Biltmore, so it's not a big deal).

What else? It's near a big mall if you are looking for that, there's a grocery story within four blocks, if you are looking for that, and a fair number of chain restaurants (Chili's, Carraba's, etc. nearby)

One thing to note on this hotel -- I've stayed here all times of year -- there are times of the year when you can get in this hotel for less than $100, and other times when you'll pay closer to $200, just depending on the season. Just fyi.

Also - - note that most folks visiting this hotel don't realize that there are two elevators - -one at each end of the building. Something to remember when it's busy.

Room Tip: If you pick a room on the front side of the hotel, it has a really nice view of the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bamarockmtn
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip to Asheville. We appreciate you being a frequent guest. Thank you for providing such warm feedback on our renovations. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, new rooms and micro-fridges. We are very excited about the upgrades and love to hear that our guests are enjoying them as well. We are grateful that you took the time to write a review and we hope to see you again soon!

Andrea Coon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road while visiting our daughter at Christmas. Just as we checked in, the person at the front desk learned that there would be renovation in progress in the area around our room during our stay. On the following day the housekeeping staff moved our belongings to a newly renovated room on another floor, and we never heard any noise due to the construction. The staff, both front desk and housekeeping, was friendlier and more helpful than any that we have encountered elsewhere, and we were often greeted by name as we passed through the lobby. Our room was kept clean, and everything in it worked properly. The microwave, refrigerator, and free wireless internet all came in handy. The complimentary hot breakfast was above average, the only downside being the powdered eggs used to make the scrambled eggs.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank David W
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel and staff. I am thrilled that we were able to move you to anewly renovated room. We truly strive to make sure that each guest has a memorable experience at our hotel and I am so glad that we hit the mark during your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments and feedback with our team. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stay at Hampton Inn's consistently and this hotel continued to meet my expectations. Despite the renovations going on, the hotel was clean, refreshing, and offered a beautiful new exercise room, indoor swimming pool/whirlpool. The front desk staff (Miss Laura and others) were extremely friendly, collegial, and helpful. There was a wonderful maintenance woman who made sure the temperature was comfortable while I was exercising. As always, the breakfast was scrumptious and the wireless internet is free. The location is convenient to 240.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Peditox
Thank you for being our guest during your trip to Asheville and for being a loyal Hampton traveler. We appreciate your feedback and compliments. I will be sure to recognize Laura and Tammy (maintenance) for their exceptional service. We hope that you will stay with us again soon so that you can experience our newly renovated rooms. I am sure that you will love them as much as we do! We hope to see you soon!

Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

My wife and I took her 87 year old mother and her 83 year old niece to visit her 90 year old sister. We chose Hampton Inn because we have stayed there frequently while traveling and have never been disappointed. It is always clean and the rates are reasonable. We were concerned about the logistics of getting our elderly family members who use walkers and canes in and out of the dining area at breakfast. We needn't worry. Josh, one of the breakfast staff, went well beyond what was required to make sure we found seats and had all that we needed for a pleasant meal. He brought food and amenities and even offered to fix their waffles. The amazing thing is that no prompt was required, and I witnessed him doing the same for several other patrons. With service like that we will continue to frequent Hampton Inns as we travel. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark S
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. Thank you for sharing your feedback about Josh. I will be sure that I share your compliments with him. He is a shining example of exceptional customer service and I am grateful to have him on my team. We hope that you will visit us again soon so that we can show off our newly renovated rooms! Thank you for being our guest!

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband and I decided to travel to Asheville,NC this year for our annual anniversary trip. We decided to stay at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road, since it seemed to be close to the Biltmore and the downtown area. Boy...did we ever make a wonderful decision!! Everyone on the staff there was nicer than anyone we had ever encountered at a hotel/motel- and we have traveled A LOT!! The breakfast bar staff was always very pleasent early in the mornings, when I'm sure they were probably not exactly "morning people". Whenever we were leaving our room, and the ladies who cleaned the rooms were in the hall, they always offered a pleasant smile and greeting. The front desk staff was, additionally, very cordial and caring. When my husband mentioned to Chris that we were there celebrating our anniversary on 11/4- we had a sweet card that the staff had signed and placed in our room! Have NEVER had that to happen at any other chain. The rooms were very clean, as well as the entire hotel. There was some construction being done outside, but we never knew they were there. We were impressed with this stay beyond words! We may have to take another trip back to Asheville- just to stay at this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue T
Ashburn, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I traveled to Asheville, NC very unexpectedly. I was quoted a rate that was published differently when I arrived at 2:00 in the morning. By the time I had breakfast, 7 hours later, the rate was lowered to the original rate I was quoted over the phone the previous day. No questions asked.

I had one afternoon to spend in town and Billy was exceptionally friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. She answered all my questions about the town and recommended things that were of interest to me, printing out directions from the hotel to the restaurant and local attraction and back.

Josh served in the dining area both mornings of my stay. Both Saturday and Sunday morning were very busy with many guests. He had a bright and cheery disposition. He accommodates guests with a great attitude. He was momentarily out of waffle batter one morning and offered to make waffles and bring them out to the guests who were waiting on the batter. He and Billy really deserve a raise!

Room Tip: Eggs might have been powdered eggs, but overall their is a wide variety of breakfast items offered t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank 805Angie_Davis
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights, room was clean and staff was helpful. We will definitely stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family