“Great value for great room.”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
NC
“Great value for great room.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hampton inn has recently been remodeled, and was a great value for a nice place. It is a short drive to downtown or the Biltmore estate. The hotel was very clean and orderly and we had no problem getting an extended check out.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank ash410s
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you found our location convenient to the attractions you were visiting. Thank you for your compliments on our renovations. We are very proud of the improvements! We hope you will allow us to serve you during your next trip to Asheville.

Andrea Coon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Girard, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I booked this Hampton Inn for our 25th anniversary trip to Asheville. We've always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns and this stay was the best yet! The newly renovated room was beautiful and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. The breakfasts were substantial and our stay couldn't have been better. We would highly recommend this inn and will definitely stay there again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Al S
Thank you for choosing us for your special trip! I am so glad that you enjoyed your anniversary at our hotel. Thank you for the compliments of our team and our renovations! I am very proud of the improvements we have made and of the team that we have. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with them! I appreciate the time you took to write a review for us. We hope to see you again soon!

Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I can't say enough about the wonderful staff at the hotel - Billie, Josh, Kenneth, and Reggie were extremely knowledgeable about the area and provided us with amazing restaurant recommendations, perfect driving directions to the restaurants, the Biltmore Estate, and other local sites, and they even danced for us! They made our visit more fun than the usual hotel stay. The accommodations were lovely, especially since the hotel is undergoing renovations. Breakfast each morning was delicious. The location of the hotel is also very accessible to all major roadways, so it was easy to go to the local attractions in a short period of time. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan S
Thank you for sharing such a kind review of our hotel and our team! I am so glad that our team made your stay enjoyable! We are very proud of our renovations and are happy that you shared your positive comments. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to Asheville!

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Really enjoyed my stay because the staff was friendly, went out of their way to be helpful, room was clean and updated, lobby area was welcoming and spacious for breakfast. Added bonus: indoor pool area has been brightly painted. Pool and small workout room have lovely view of the mountains, as does a small porch just outside the indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank travelerall
I am glad that you were able to enjoy our indoor pool area. It is a great way to relax! Thank you for the kind compliments of the team. I will be sure to share with them. We are very proud of our renovations and are happy that you shared your positive comments. Thank you for your review! We hope to see you soon!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This was my 3rd stay at this hotel. Each time I visit, I am impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. The renovations have made this a beautiful place to stay. I definitely enjoyed the breakfast offered. The coffee was fresh, the prepared oatmeal (not instant) was great, and there was a wide variety of fresh fruit, pastries, etc. Josh made a special effort to see that we had everything we needed. We will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cwalk50
Thank you so much for staying with us three times! It is the ultimate compliment when our guests return. I am glad that you enjoy our hotel, breakfast and staff. I hope we have many opportunities to serve you in the future! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel is a great deal. From the minute you walk into their nicely furnished lobby the staff is friendly and attentive. They are in the middle of renovations (which does not cause a problem).
The newly renovated rooms are pretty and the beds very comfortable. It's also the best free breakfast I have seen. They have hot cereal, waffles and even eggs and the staff who set it up are extremely accommodating. There's a very small gym and a nice pool area. It's in a good location to get anywhere in Asheville and very near a large mall, lots of restaurants, theater etc. (not a good walking area but minutes from the middle of town).

Room Tip: There are 5 floors. I like the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dac67
Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm a review for our hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast offerings. The hot oatmeal is a new item on our breakfast bar and it has really been a hit. I hope that you will come back and visit us now that our renovations are complete.

west columbia sc
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Went to Ashville NC for a wedding. I was only going for a one night so clean, safe and close to downtown, (location of event) were my goals for a place to stay. This hotel met my needs. They are renovating the hotel, one floor at a time but this did not really impact my stay. The breakfast was fine. The staff and other visitors were pleasant. The lobby has a gas fireplace and sitting area which was comfortable. The rooms were clean. I would recommend this hotel if that is the type of accommodations you are looking for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laura m
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that our location and amenities met your needs while you were in Asheville. I hope that you will come back and visit us now that our renovations are complete. Thank you again!