“Nothing but laughter at checkin”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 1 May 2012

After a long drive in the rain from FL, we arrive at the Hampton Inn. The two gentleman that checked us in, gave us such a laugh. Which is so much of what we needed. We were tired, I was cranky, and I just wanted a bed.. BUT these men made my night. What a joy to have such wonderful staff. The room was just as Hampton Inn has made us accustomed to. Had a great nights sleep, and had a great waffle for breakfast. Would totally stay here again, if only to hear the jokes...LOL!!

1  Thank ARKPalmValley_FL
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I love to hear about the great experiences our guests have with our team. We try to be very aware of how tiring and frustrating traveling can be and I am so glad that our team made your night! Thank you so much for the compliments and for being our guest. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Andrea Coon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed 28 April 2012

I thought that this Hampton Inn is the best one I have ever stayed at and I have stayed in many of them across the US. The room was awesome with the flat screen and great bathroom. I will definetly be back when I need to stay around Asheville.

Stayed: April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliments our renovations. We are very proud of our improvements and love to hear the feedback of our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We recently visited Asheville mainly to tour the Biltmore House (which was fabulous, by the way). Our stay was great at the Hampton Inn-Tunnel Rd. The check-in staff was very helpful (especially Kayla) and the breakfast staff (especially Josh) were hospitable as well. Turkey sausage was part of the breakfast one morning and I was disappointed since I'm allergic. :-( I mentioned this to Josh and he noticed my disappointment and immediately offered to whip up a batch of crispy bacon, just for me! That kind gesture was very unexpected but much appreciated! Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The fitted sheet on the King bed didn't fit and kept coming off during the night. But, kudos to Tatyana in housekeeping who tried her best to accommodate us on this matter. Overall, we would definitely stay here again and recommend the Inn to others!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the compliments of Kayla, Josh and Tatyana. I am very lucky to have them on my team and I will be sure to share your review with them. I want to apologize about the sheets popping off and thank you for bringing this to my attention so that I can find a resolution.
We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My family loves staying at Hampton Inns when we travel. We have stayed at many all across the country but the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road in Asheville NC was by far the best hotel experience I have had. The staff was awesome. You saw familiar smiling faces everytime you passed through the lobby. (In some hotels, every different shift you see different people). The staff was upbeat and so friendly. The room, pool, lobby area, and breakfast area were spotless at all times. It is a very welcoming place and when I go back to Asheville, I will definitely stay there. Great people, Hampton Inn should model all their hotel staff after this group

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon S

What a great review! Thank you so much for the time you took to write it. I am so glad that you felt welcome and enjoyed our hotel. I appreicate the compliments of our team. I will be sure to share your review with them. We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My family loves the Hampton Inns and have stayed at many of them, but the Tunnel Road location is the best, by far. I have seldom experienced such courtesy from the staff as I did here. Everyone from Housekeeping to the Front Desk was polite and professional. Special kudos to Daniel in Housekeeping for leaving such a kind note and to Kenneth at the Front Desk for his kind help and warm attitude. You made us feel welcome at the Hampton.

We enjoyed the complementary breakfasts a great deal. The dining staff was so busy keeping everything filled, fresh, and hot. The recent renovations to the rooms are lovely--everything was clean and in working order.

Thanks to the entire staff of the Hampton for making my parents' first stay in Asheville so pleasant! You showed true Southern hospitality in the finest sense of the word.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Joeysdoll

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a warm review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay. I really appreciate the compliments of our team. I feel very lucky to have such a great group of people working with me. I am glad that your parents enjoyed Asheville and we hope to have the opportunity to serve your family on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

It has been renovated, it is worth staying. It is well maintained with good access and parking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to wright a review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our renovations and location. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My wife and I recently visited Asheville for a week and stayed at this Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel has been completely remodeled and the rooms, pool/fitness area and lobby are outstanding. This hotel is located just outside of downtown Asheville with easy access to I-240. I would highly recommend this Hampton Inn for anyone looking for a peaceful stay while visiting Asheville and the surrounding area. A special shout out to Josh for help finding some awesome fishing spots!

3  Thank Steve F

Thank you for taking the time to right such a warm review for our hotel. I am glad that you had a relaxing stay with us. We are very proud of our renovations and love to hear positive feedback from our guests. Thank you for your compliments of Josh and the rest of our team. I will be sure to share your review. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!