“Excellent hotel”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I highly recommend this recently renovated hotel. Great location. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Beds were extremely comfortable!! The room was spacious and very comfortable. Hotel was very clean and quiet. They offer a free shuttle to downtown which is very convenient. Price was slightly higher than expected but we got our money's worth. Breakfast is provided which is always a plus. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karin T
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel! Thank you for your compliments of our team. I will be sure to share your review with them. We are so proud of our improvements and are very glad you liked them. I am glad that you got the opportunity to take advantage of our new area shuttle service. This is our newest amenity and we love the value it adds to staying with us. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

this recently renovated hampton inn was the perfect hotel for our girls' getaway! the friendly & personal service, free shuttle downtown, free high speed internet & free breakfast were all huge hits. the fresh baked cookies by the front desk didn't hurt either ;) even though it's a bit pricey, the rooms were extremely clean and the beds were very comfortable. and overall with everything combined, i think it was a great value. i also found the location convenient if you're visiting the biltmore & downtown. can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank rbm79
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel and for choosing us for your girls' getaway! I am so glad that you got to enjoy most of our amenities. The complimentary local shuttle is our newest amenity and hearing feedback from our guests is very important to us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed here while on vacation in Ashville, NC. The facilities are very modern and staff were friendly. The only small negative I had was limited seating area for breakfast so plan accordingly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate feedback from our guests as it gives us opportunities to create better experiences. Our breakfast seating area can get crowded at peak times in the mornings. On future visits I would recommend seating at our indoor pool area. The pool patio just off of the pool is also a great place to enjoy the morning air. These places are well kept secrets. Well, I guess they were anyway. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you when you are in the Asheville area.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I've taken to preferring Hamptons when I travel because the beds are always comfortable and the service excellent. This Hampton is no different, but they also have a shuttle that will take you from the hotel to downtown Asheville. So, you can go have dinner, stroll around downtown, and give them a ring and they'll come pick you up from wherever you are, free of charge. It's a fantastic service, and just reinforces my bias that Hampton Inn gets it right.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Morpheus1041

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Hampton and for taking the time to write such a great review for our hotel. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to use our new shuttle service and had such a positive experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for work, but am considering it as my first choice next time I visit Asheville for fun, as well. The hotel is new, clean and the pool is indoors. The best thing is that it offers a free shuttle into town. They take you there, you call them and they pick you up. You might save hundreds of dollars staying here, versus downtown and the rooms, in my opinion are nicer than some of the $200+ rooms.

Room Tip: I always stay on a higher floor away from the elevator and I would also stay on the back side, if po...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Cyclist76
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you so much for writing such a complimentary review for our hotel. We would love to have you stay with us on all of your travels to the Asheville area. I am thrilled that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our new area shuttle service. We are so glad that it is such a huge benefit to our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to Asheville.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Good location, close to Biltmore, downtown and folk art center. The room was quiet and large enough for 3. The pool and hot tub were clean and enjoyable. But the best thing about this place are the employees. They bend over backwards to help you. Not used to this in a chain hotel. They get menus of takeout & deliver places for you, advise on which one to choose (and they were right), give precise and detailed directions--I never got lost. And they actually refill the breakfast bar for you kindly and courteously, ask you if you got everything and clear your table. They even have a shuttle which we didn't get to use. Who's ever managing this staff should be cloned and promoted to executive at Hilton Hotels. I will definitely stay here again and advise you to do the same.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank chazb0
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Wow! What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Thank you for the compliments of our team. I am very proud of them. They have a true passion for people and service and I am honored to work with them. I will definately share your review during a team huddle. It is great incentive to keep doing what they do. It helps to know that we are on the right track. I am so greatful for your kind words. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Recently, I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road in Asheville, NC. I was completely amazed at the quality of the lobby decor, attractiveness and comfort of the rooms and overall experience. This place will remind you of a first-class Marriott....no kidding. And the staff was absolutely fantastic...especially the front desk and reservations staff. This hotel doesn't disappoint in any way. What a find! My business does a lot of marketing work for hotels around the country (not this one though, unfortunately) so I've seen my fair share of hotels. This property ranks right at the top!

Room Tip: Since the hotel is set back from the road, just about any room would be a good choice!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HalleCleveland
Management response:Responded 14 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us. We are very excited about our improvements and are glad that you like our new decor. Thank you for your compliments of our team. They are a great group of people and I will be sure to share your review with them. We hope you will be our guest again soon!