“Delivered all I expected”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Apex, NC
“Delivered all I expected”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road was a great hotel for our visit to the Biltmore Estate. They are about a 10 drive to the estate grounds. All areas were clean. The breakfast staff was phenomenal. Not a spot of spilt milk remained 2 minutes after it was dropped!
I found the bedrooms clean and the beds comfortable, as well.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ohlatxnc
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our breakfast team. I will be sure to share your compliments with them! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms clean and the beds comfortable. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area.

Andrea Coon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Blois, France
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel in the early September.
The staff at the front desk was smiling and helpfull.
Our King room was nice and clean, as was the bathroom.
We enjoyed the covered pool, the only downfall was that the water was a bit cold. There is also a jacuzzi which is hot and great!
The hotel has a free shuttle that can drive you downtown Asheville so you don't have to take your car and pay the parking lot.
Like usual in Hampton Inn hotels : free wifi and breakfast which I always love.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pilou27
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not thrilled with our location. But I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel itself, the staff, breakfast, Wi-Fi and our new area shuttle. Thank you for the compliments and for being our guest during your trip to Asheville. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you soon!

Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 2 September 2012

We stayed here for one night in August and thought it was almost perfect! It was a last minute decision to drive all the way to Asheville and stay for the night as we originally planned finishing our drive there in the morning. We were very happy with that decision! I don't think we have ever had better service at a hotel by all the staff, from the desk to the cleaning staff! The room was a nice size and very clean. They provided water and some snacks in the room, which was a huge hit with the kids. The breakfast was good in the morning, the usual items you find at the complimentary breakfasts (waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs etc.). If I had one complaint, it would only be that the fitness center is too small - only three machines, so we had to wait to use them. With that said though, the machines were in great condition and had TVs on them, which I love. We would definitely stay here again and recommend you do the same!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimf
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I really appreciate the compliments on the service that the team provided during your stay. We strive to really WOW our guests with service and I am so glad we did. I will be sure to share your review with the team. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come stay with us again soon!

New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2012

A well-managed property, with a nice pool and patio area. The staff was very welcoming and responsive. (The jackets we'd left in our room were mailed to us promptly after we phoned when we realized our mistake.) A plus: a hotel shuttle for guests to get downtown, etc. We didn't use it, but seemed like a nice idea since this hotel isn't really walking distance to the Asheville or Biltmore Village "scene." I must say that the breakfast area is too small for the number of guests this hotel can accommodate--especially when everyone on a youth sports team is eating there at the same time. Both mornings we were there, it was pretty chaotic and there was no place for us to sit. But, not sure what the hotel could do about that, other than building an addition. We liked how the staff was so earnest about doing a good job--coming to the rescue when the cereal dispenser jammed! One suggestion: they could used some shade/shelter on the patio, like an umbrella table or two, or some kind of awning. I would recommend this hotel especially for families.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am so glad that we were able to get your belongings to you after you left. That happens quite a bit and we understand the importance of getting it back timely. Thank you for your compliments of the team. I love how you said "the staff is earnest about doing a good job." We really do strive to WOW our guests and it makes us feel so great when guests like you point out the efforts. Thank you! I am very sorry that breakfast was crowded both mornings you were there. There are certain times that seem to be very popular and it does get chaotic. When you come visit us again I would suggest having breakfast in the pool area or at the pool patio. Both have great views and are very quiet in the morning hours. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you again soon!

National Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife & I stayed at the Hampton Inn Tunnel Rd. What a great stay at a great hotel. Completly renovated a few years ago. The room was great. Bed comfortable. Bathroom & shower ver nice & roomy. We had an excellant check in. A free schutle to Downtown Asville. Indoor pool. Breakfast was great & hot. Our room was well taken care off and it is in a great location. Right outside of Dowtown Ashville. Rooms with a great view of the mountains. I cannot praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeSchwartz
Thank you so much for writing such a warm review of our hotel. I am so glad that you got to enjoy all of our amenities! I am thrilled that you like our improvements. We just finished our renovation a few months ago and we are really proud of our new place. Thank you again for all the compliments! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Georgia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We only stayed here one night but were very pleased. The hotel and the grounds were clean, neat and appealing. The staff was nice especially Patrick who drove us to town on the shuttle. He had a great personality and made us laugh all the way! The beds were soooo comfortable....even more so than the 4 Diamond B&B we stayed at after we left. The only negative... and its not a biggie... but I approached an empty front desk upon check-in. Stood there for a bit before someone finally appeared. I think she was an assistant manager, pleasant but not especially friendly. Anyway, it was fine overall and I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank margaritaontherocks
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that you got to take advantage of our area shuttle. It is our newest amenity and I really enjoy getting feedback from our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with Patrick. He is very entertaining! I will be sure to share your compliments with him.
Thank you for also sharing your disappointments. This feedback is very valuable in our efforts to continually improve. I am terribly sorry that you found our desk empty at check-in. This is not standard for us. I am also disappointed that the Assistant Manager was not especially friendly. Again, this is not standard for us. We strive to always exceeded our guests expectations especially on service and I am sorry that we missed our mark during your check-in experience. I have addressed this review with both of my assistant managers in hopes that this will not happen in the future. Thank you for being our guest! I hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to Asheville.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Enjoyed a week long business trip stay at this property. Everyone was very helpful. I was not going to make breakfast at all during the week as I would be on my way each day before the 6am opening. But, when I went down to get coffee at 4:30am, I found the coffee fresh, and the breakfast room open with cold cereal, fruit, bread and rolls available - OUTSTANDING!! The morning staff was awesome and very attentive especially Jordan and the overnight security guard. The only reason I did not give it a 5 - front parking requires a little hill to navigate so park in the flat back lot and go in the side entrance. Also, there is no left turn going on to the main road which requires going right and making a Uturn at some point. Restaurants and an Ingles (great salad and olive bar) are to the right. More restaurants and a mall to the left. Very convenient to the highway

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very glad to hear that the team accommodated your breakfast needs before breakfast hours. We understand that schedules vary especially while traveling and we try to be flexible whenever possible. For future trips, we also have on the go breakfast bags available at the front desk during the week. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to Jordan and Glen (security). They will love hearing the positive feedback. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area.