“Consistently good service”

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte
“Consistently good service”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I stay at this hotel about once a month for business purposes and always receive great service. The front desk staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only drawbacks in this hotel are that there is ony one elevator, and when there is high occupancy- you can wait for a good minute before you get onto the elevator and to your room. Also, the driveway is up a steep hill and during inclement weather (as happens often in the NC mountains), it is a little treacherous making your way in and out of the driveway.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Thank you so much for your review and for being a loyal guest with us. We are grateful for your business. I appreciate your compliments of our team and our rooms. We do have two elevators; one on each end of the building. Recently we have had several reviews stating that we only have one elevator. I am very grateful that this has been brought to our attention so that we can do a better job informing our guests of both elevators at check in. The elevator on the lobby side of the hotel is very busy and I can understand how that would be frustrating. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can improve. Thank you for being our guest! We look forward to seeing you soon.

Andrea Coon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 21 February 2013

It's not a very new hotel, but very well maintained. The staff was awesome, the breakfast was very good, with waffle, bread, yogurt, fruit salad, etc.
The room was great too, great bed. My problems: do not stay at room #522. Because the super annoying noise coming from the pool fans and because the fan in the bathroom does not work.
One night I had to close my bathroom door ad call the front desk because the guest next door was smoking (the hotel is entirely non-smoking). The smell continued the whole night, turned the shower twice to see if the steam would solve my problem. The fan had no effect.
The front desk talked to the infamous guest and called me back. But the smell continued.
Despite the incident it was a decent 4 night stay.

Room Tip: don't stay at room 522
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments on our awesome staff, our breakfast and beds. I am very sorry to hear about the disappointments during your stay. I am having my maintenance team look into why the bathroom vent in your room did not work and look at the fans on the pool roof. I am grateful that you brought these issues to our attention so that we can resolve them for future guests. It is the feedback from our guests that give us the opportunities to improve. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on future visits to Asheville. Thank you again! We hope to see you soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I visited Asheville the first week of February. We received great service from Tammy when we checked in and Reggie was so helpful with his resturant recommendation to Creekside, a local Bar-B-Que joint. The room was nice and very clean. Sorry, I don't know the name of the breakfast attendant for the morning of the 5th and 6th but she was fantasic. Thanks for a great stay! Caroline

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I really appreciate your compliments of Tammy, Reggie and our breakfast hostess. They go out of their way to take care of our guests and I am proud to work with them. I love to hear about positive experiences that our guests have with team members. I will be sure to share your review with them and make sure they are recognized for excellent service. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our stay was related to a VA Hosp inpatient stay. Easy access to the hospital with a variety of eating , and if permissable, shopping options. Bed are comfortable & staff awesone. I am very hard to please

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kaye T
Thank you for writing such a warm review of our hotel. I really appreciate your compliment of our awesome team. I am glad our location met your needs to visit the VA Hospital. I hope you can stay with us again under less stressful circumstances. Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

The Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road is clean, comfortable, and "looks new" due to the recent remodel. Rooms are up to date and are well equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. We used the shuttle service to downtown several times. Awesome perk with rides back to hotel up to 9:30pm. Shuttle was also clean and prompt. I would like to single out a front desk staff member, Patrick, who was instrumental in making our experience top notch. He was very knowledgable about downtown and gave us excellent dinner recommendations. Also, he was extremely personable, friendly and kind to my family. He seems to take a lot of pride is his work and the hotel itself. I agree with the multiple wonderful reviews of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am grateful for the warm compliments about our renovations, the shuttle and especially Patrick. He does an outstanding job taking care of our guests and I am very proud to have him on my team. Thank you for being our guest. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Asheville!

Hertford, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 February 2013

If home is where the heart is, you will absolutely love the accommodations and staff at the Hampton Inn off Tunnel Road. Friendly and prompt customer service is in balance with clean and spacious rooms. Situated well off the busy Tunnel Road, noise was nonexistent. As a launching pad to visiting the historic Biltmore, and downtown, the Hampton Inn is also strategically located within a short distance to dinning, shopping and a movie theater. I would like to especially acknowledge Ms Laura Francis and her crew on making our 23rd Wedding Anniversary very special. Management if you're reading this that young lady needs more responsibility, upward mobility!

Room Tip: Plan to park in the back. Parking in the front comes with a slight uphill climb combined with stairs...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpparker19
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review for our hotel. I am honored that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion! I am thrilled that Laura and the team helped to make your anniversary special. Laura is a great leader and I feel very fortunate to have her on my team. I will be sure to share your review with her and the rest of the team. Thank you for being our guest. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Asheville!

Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 14 February 2013

The customer service was great and the rooms have been updated and are fresh and clean!
I stayed on the 5th floor, it was generally very quiet and the heating/cooling worked great, and no stale room odor!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank HM76
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our team and our renovations. I am very proud of our improvements and how well our team takes care of the property and our guests. Thank you for being our guest! We hope to see you on your next trip to Asheville!