“Excellent Hampton”

Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Excellent Hampton”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We tend to stay at Hampton Inns when we travel; we like the clean, quiet rooms and the included Wi-Fi and breakfast. This Hampton was no exception. We were greeted in a very friendly manner and provided with a nice room; comfy and quiet with a refrigerator for our soft drinks and water.

The breakfast was standard Hampton, which suits us fine. If you need something grander, there is usually some sort of breakfast establishment just down the road. We did not have Wi-Fi reception in our room, but we did in the hallway and lobby. That worked out OK, too.

This was a great way to start our mini vacation; we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
greensboro
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

There are four affiliates to this property and each are all amazing with great staff, wonderful amenities and excellent service. This property has stiff competition and is the star in a universe of the hotel elite.

The number one component of hotel differentiation is the staff. They will make the most horrible hotels feel terrific. The hamptonality is every where here. You will be welcomed warmly. You will be contacted at somepoint about your room. Upon your next visit, you are likely to be remembered and if not they will only treat you like they did the first time they saw you. Reggie was the first one to welcome me there and I continue to come. Matthew heard of my birthday and wrote a nice handwritten note. One front deskperson even recalls I prefer the first floor. So get there early and grab a cookie not on your bed but near
The cofee in the lobby.

The hotel was freshly remodeled. You can enjoy a chic elevator ride to your room, if you are not on the first floor. The carpets are fresh and clean and so are the common areas like the pool. The pool and hot tub areb pristine. The maintenance director keeps everything in the best shape. He is also very friendly and will see to it that if you need him he will attend to it. There are refrigirators in all rooms and microwaves. A good hair dryer and coffee maker. I would not bother though cause the best coffee is in the lobby. Internet access is free and fast. The best unknown feature is a shuttle to downtown. Did I say free and if you want to walk drift to the best Mall in Western North Carolina.
I am not nearly done with everything offered but you get the idea.

The hotel is already #2 on Trip Advisor but #1 in the hearts of many. The services sets the tone. The manager Andrea is there to extend a warm smile and deliver a staff that wants to give you there best. On my last stay, I arranged a late check out and was buzzing to my room and was stopped by the clerk to say " I need to get you a new card" the other
Has expired. My partner called to arrange for s surprise in my room and they assisted. There are many other examples of service but come to the property and find your own experience.

Finally, if the hotel is full try for the Homewood Suites up the road, grab the Hampton Inn at the Airport or even Biltmore Square Mall Hampton. All of these hotels are the bright
In the universe of hotel elite. So I would suggest you pretend you are playing tennis or golf and secure your Grand Slam and stay at them all. I am proud to say I have mine and maybe you can get yours to while being soaked with meeting wonderful staff, enjoying and array of amenities and smacked with excellent service. This place is Hamptonality at its best.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jaybrianz
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great indoor pool and exercise facility, clean well-appointed rooms, excellent breakfast buffet, friendly staff, great location near the mall and Blue Ridge Parkway, nice views from some rooms. No safes in the rooms is the only negative but there is a safe at the registration desk.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I am very happy that I chose this Hampton on our first trip to Asheville. Rooms were updated and very clean as was the whole hotel, free breakfast was more than adequate.
The hotel is one mile from town and we used the free shuttle every day which was the best perk of staying here. The shuttle staff were great and helpful. They were very busy one evening and did did not pick us up when we requested. We called and they came immediately with apologies from the driver and the front desk, the whole staff were friendly and professional.
Great stay and And Asheville is a neat Artsy town with wonderful eateries and so much outdoor activities, we will be back. Rick

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank farm
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My daughter (10) and I stayed at this hotel on our way to her summer camp. After driving 12 hours, it was nice to be greeted with a cookie and a smile. It was also nice to have a good dinner option within walking distance from the hotel. In fact, walking back to hotel after dinner, we enjoyed watching the fireflies. We really enjoyed ourselves even though it was really just a trip from point A to B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank worldtravelernbr
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Having been a lifelong Hampton Inn fan, it was an easy choice to make reservations at the Tunnel Road Hampton in Asheville. It was a quick overnight visit, and I couldn't have chosen a better spot. My room was well-appointed as well as immaculate, overlooking the mountains. Great shower - comfortable bed = one happy customer. I was surprised to see the beautiful indoor pool and very pleased with a fresh, delicious fruit salad in the complimentary breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel, staff and amenities were good as always at this Hampton Inn, but the rooms were discernibly smaller than most Hampton Inn rooms. Our family of five often stays at the Hampton Inn because the rooms are spacious enough to easily accommodate a cot and the free breakfast saves us money when we are feeding 5 people. Aside from the size, the location was an easy drive from most Asheville attractions and the kids LOVED the indoor pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family