“Nice Stay on Tunnel Road”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for a long weekend. The hotel was newly remodeled, service was top notch, and the breakfast offered was very good. The room was quiet, even with our room being close to the pool, the maid service was efficient and they provided plenty of towels, which seems to be lacking in many hotels we've stayed, in the past. The shuttle service downtown was very convenient. We did rent a car for two days. If you want to see the Biltmore Estate or the Blue Ridge Parkway, you will definitely need a vehicle. The hotel is also within walking distance to restaurants and the mall, if you don't feel like going downtown. The people at the front desk were very helpful with directions, providing extra pillows, etc. It was a great long weekend stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: August 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We walked in to a very cheerful reception from Calli at front desk. She booked us in very efficiently and we were soon in our room. Because of the general good quality of Hampton Inns we have stayed in them for the last 3 weeks whilst travelling on our road trip. We were given help and advice about local attractions which was very useful. From here we visited the fabulous Biltmore estate. The rooms were clean and very comfortable as usual. The only downside was that we had a room overlooking a concrete beam and the indoor swimming pool which was noisy up to 10pm. This probably because we made a late booking in an almost full hotel. Free Breakfast was also very good. We also paid more than other guests I presume because of the late booking

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Clean, well-appointed rooms, extremely plush beds, a bountiful continental breakfast, courteous staff--you'll find it all here! The only thing I found disconcerting in this newly-renovated complex was the ability to hear conversation from the bathroom next door emanating through the (obviously) connected bathroom ceiling vents. (Oops!) Irregardless, hubby and I would book a room here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Great clean rooms, exceptional staff, easy to get to & from area attractions. Quick easy check in, decent breakfast (despite having a very large group of college students on one night), very helpful restaurant recommendations...would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MercyCope
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I do travel alot and have had numerous experiences at hotels from good to terrible. I will have to say that this property has some of the best staff I have EVER come across, EVERYONE there seems happy to please the guests. Upon arriving, I walk up to the front desk and am greeted with a big smile and promptly checked in. I go to my room to find a well lit clean very well furnished room. Every thing worked and the MOST IMPORTANT THING! EVERY surface in the room was clean enough to eat off of.

Now for the best part, The bed, I have never felt a bed so comfortable in my life!! I liked the Westin Heavenly bed however in my opinion the Hampton bed provides a better sleep.. The bathroom is huge and well lit and the shower had ample water pressure.

The breakfast at the Hampton Inn rivals some restaurants, and is FREE and all you can eat. Im not talking just waffles and toast, this is pretty much a full breakfast bar.. Also staffed by a nice person who is happy to serve you...

Now a little about the property. The hotel is a 5 story building and features a swimming pool (indoor) Hot tub, fitness center, business center, and an exercise area.. There is an elevator so if you have a hard time carrying your grip upstairs that is not an issue. Also when I stayed, It appears as the hotel had a complete makeover so it is like staying in a new hotel..

IN CONCLUSION I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are traveling to the Asheville area. Andrea Coon and her team make for an awesome hotel experience. I will say the price is a little higher than most of the "cheapo" hotels I have stayed at however I will say that you get what you pay for.. The rooms are VERY clean and you are treated like royalty on this property.

Normally I have a pros and cons section. I was so happy with my stay here, I REALLY CANT think of any cons..

Room Tip: I would not request a room by the swimming pool unless you have children that want to use it. Reaso...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dieselducy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay! The staff and hotel were excellent. The hotel was recently renovated completely. They provided free transportation to and from an event in town. The staff is very focused on providing excellent customer service.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Same consistent, solid Hampton that you should expect. Not fancy, but clean rooms. Good beds. Good (light) free breakfast (my teenage sons still insisted on Cracker Barrel about a mile to the right on Tunnel Rd). Clean, indoor pool. Nice, small exercise room. Very convenient location. You can get to I240 East/West entrance ramps by turning right and driving about a half mile. There are (small) signs partly hidden by trees. One mile from down town (turn right and take Tunnel Rd/College St). Five minutes from Biltmore - get written directions from hotel desk. Very pleasant, helpful desk staff - they cleared up my billing problem quickly when I showed them my confirmation. Room Wi-fi was OK, but I had to go to lobby a couple of times to use my Ipad. They have a shuttle to downtown which we did not use.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family