The first important thing to say is that the beds here are the most comfortable we have slept in. The rooms are a good size, decorated in a modern style with a lovely bathroom and cable tv. There is also a fridge and microwave in the room. The entire hotel is spotlessly clean.
There is complimentary tea (all sorts) and coffee (decaff, regular and strong) in the lobby along with cookies and apples, all available all day.
There is no onsite restaurant or bar.
There is a lovely indoor pool and spa on site open from 8am to 10pm daily (no lifeguard). Our daughter had the pool to herself at 845am for half an hour and really enjoyed herself.
There is a complimentary shuttle service that runs you to downtown to sample the local excellent restaurants. The shuttle runs 8am til 930pm and will take you to town and pick you up again, with approx 25 mins notice. This saves you around $10 each way in a cab. Children must have their booster seat with them. Downtown is approx 10mins drive away.
The staff were all very very friendly and happy to help.
The complimentary hot breakfast is good for a freebie although the hot parts of the breakfast weren't very tasty. Stick to cereal, muffins, bagels etc and avoid the scrambled eggs and bacon.
Overall we wished we could stay another night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn