“business traveler”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 15 January 2014

For the money, Hampton Inns far exceed any other Hilton properties in comfort, convenience and guest awareness to this, often weary, business traveler. This Hampton is my second most favorite Hilton Property, all holds barred. . .My first favorite being Hampton Inn, Citadel Haven Drive Charleston SC

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that we are your second-favorite Hilton Property. That is outstanding! Tell me, what do we need to do to get to the top of your list? We try very hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay possible every time. We truly appreciate your repeat business. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here with friends while traveling to Brasstown, NC for a class at the John C Campbell Folk School. Entire facility looks brand-spanking new. Walked to the Carrabba's Italian Grill located just behind the hotel. Close to many restaurants and attractions.
Good breakfast - scrambled eggs, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh waffles and fruits, etc. Nice large dining area. Pleasant staff.
Room well appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank svjanis

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Our property is recently renovated and we try very hard to keep it looking "brand-spanking new". I am glad that you and your friends chose our hotel as your resting stop on your trip to the Folk School. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Pros: The hotel was quiet and sleep quality was very good; the room was clean; close to Biltmore and a mall

Cons: The day after check-in, we slept in and left the hotel around 11:30am. We came back around 4:00pm to rest before heading to Biltmore and found that our room had not been serviced. On our way out I stopped by the front desk and the lady behind the counter said the room would be serviced. It had been done when we got back later that night. There was no explanation given as to why our room was not serviced. If we had not come back in the afternoon, we would have gotten in at 11:00pm and our room would not have been serviced.

There was only one elevator for five floors.

Overall, a pretty good hotel...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MisterGrace

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property! I am very happy to hear that you had good sleep quality while you were here with us. I apologize that your room was not serviced on the morning after you checked in. Our housekeepers are very good about servicing each and every room on a daily basis, but if there is a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door, we are not able to offer any service. I am glad, however, that we were able to get everything in order while you enjoyed the Biltmore! Our property has two elevators, one on each end of the hotel. I apologize that the second was not pointed out to you upon check in. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns that we have ever stayed in. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Ashville, heading up into the mountains and going to the Biltmore. Our west facing room had an awesome view. The staff was professional and kind from top to bottom. Food was great too. We will definitely stay here when we come back to Ashville.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Jonathan C

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We are very blessed to have such a wonderful, service-minded staff at our property. We try very hard to make every guest's stay the best possible - from a clean room, to friendly and helpful desk clerks, to breakfast staff. I agree with you, that our location is superb for being close to everything but feeling like you've escaped with the views we have! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Had a nice stay. Lots of nice restaurants in area. Near to Biltmore and at check in gave us a map of how to get there ! Very helpful. Breakfast was very nice and staff very accomodating.
Would probably stay again ! ! Received a personal handwritten thank you for choosing to stay at this hotel ! Nice touch !

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna W
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! We try and make every guest's stay as pleasant as possible. We would love to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Asheville! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 10 January 2014

It was a typical Hampton, clean and convinient. Nice hot breakfast, clean heated pool. Excellent location, easy access to everything esp the mall and lots of kid friendly restaurants. Hot coffee and tea in lobby all day. Not much of an exercise room though, just a small corner next to the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write us about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very blessed to be surrounded by such great, local restaurants and attractions such as the Biltmore Estate and the Asheville Mall. Your comments on the Fitness Center are taken into consideration. We appreciate all comments so we can know how to better serve our guests! Thank you again for choosing to stay at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 12/27-12/30. We checked in and they had us in room 122 which was right by the indoor pool ( I walked in the room went right to the window and saw about 5 kids right outside the window yelling screaming). I turned around went right back to the front desk and asked for another room, they only had one more available so we ended up in 126 which is near the pool but you can't really hear a lot and people are not right outside your window. I think the design of the 1st floor rooms right up on the pool like that is very poor not unless you want to check and see if the pool is crowded (not much privacy at all and it's LOUD). People were def taking advantage of the indoor heated pool/spa considering it was cold outside. I sat in the hot tub a few nights until it started to get overly crowded. I didn't expect an adults only hotel or anything but it was probably the most kids I have ever seen in a hotel at one time, they were everywhere (could have just been the holiday break but you may want to keep that in mind if you are looking for more adults) The hotel must have been booked to it's fullest because the breakfast area in the AM was the busiest I have ever seen a Hampton Inn breakfast, it was unreal how busy it was (I had to take my plate back to my room because there were no seats all 3 mornings around 8:30/9:00. As far as the food it was decent for FREE but they run out of breakfast meats almost daily so you are pretty much stuck with scrambled eggs, waffles and the other basic stuff like cereal, muffins etc. The room itself was clean and the bed was comfortable, as for the AC/HEAT unit I could not get it set to a comfortable temp. I would turn the heat on around 70 and it would get so HOT in there so pretty much I kept it on cool mode and just bumped it up to like 78. The shuttle service might be the best thing this hotel has going for it besides the location and pretty decent price. Reggie was our shuttle driver each time downtown and he is actually the guy at the front desk (guess he gets to drive the shuttle also at times because the manager has to stay back I was told). What a great guy Reggie was and full of information about where to eat or hang out each time he dropped us off. We took the shuttle downtown 2 nights and got picked up both times before 9:30 (when shuttle stops). Each time we tipped Reggie between $2-$5 because the way I looked at it was a cab to/from downtown 4 times would have easily been $40 +. We drove to the Grove Park in our own car but of course the day after we found out the shuttle will take you and pick you up at the Grove Park Inn also so I HIGHLY recommend that because it will cost you $10 to park at the Grove Park Inn and it is VERY tricky getting in and out of there. The staff at this hotel is def a plus for them because everyone was so nice always saying hey and willing to help with anything (keep up the great customer service). We also purchased Biltmore tickets through the front desk and they were $59 each for a 2 day ticket so I would buy them there instead of at the Biltmore. It is a VERY steep hill getting up to the hotel so be prepared for that if it's ice/snow and the walk down to your car is a little tricky as well. Most of our experiences may have been just because of how busy it was and the time of year we went so it may not be like this all the time. Overall I would say this is a decent hotel for the location and price so I would recommend it.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor or up because a good amount of the 1st and 2nd floor rooms are right up on the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank surfnc25

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate you with a room that was farther away from the pool. The week between Christmas and New Year's is typically a busy one due to families traveling. I am also sorry to hear that all of the seating was taken up when you joined us for breakfast each morning. We do have limited seating in our pool area that is one of our well-kept secrets. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of our shuttle service! We like to provide our guests with as many amenities as possible and find the shuttle to be a very valuable one. We pride ourselves on having knowledgeable staff who know their city and I am happy to hear that they did not fail you. I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road on your recent trip to Asheville and hope you visit us again on your next trip!