Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Town House Motel(Asheville)
Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    1,641 results
    All reviewstunnel roadbreakfast staffshuttle serviceindoor poolfree shuttlecomplimentary breakfastthe breakfast areafront desk staffclean roomswould definitely stay here againwafflescookiesconvenient locationa great stayvery nice hotelfire pitbiltmore estate
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 January 2014

My warmest memory is of the sociable staffer who checked me in. He greeted me by name as I walked up, as I was the last on the roster to arrive, and chatted pleasantly with me as I handled check-in chores. I don't think a hotel could ask for a nicer fellow.

The room was attractive, everything worked, and the heater obeyed my commands on the exceptionally cold night of my Asheville visit (unlike the heater in Birmingham, which I wrote about in my last review).

Why just a '3,' then?

Those walls were too thin. I easily heard neighboring guests talking through them -- not so easily that I could make out every word, but much more easily than I think appropriate in a hotel of this caliber. I can only echo sentiments expressed in reviews past: the glitzy furnishings and buffet are nice, but I pay money for a room because I want to _sleep_ in it. If I'm in a hotel with thin walls, my good night's sleep is at the mercy of the guests next door. The folks nearby were quiet enough, but I would have been in trouble if they hadn't been.

I didn't sample the wi-fi or morning buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
    AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to hear you had such a wonderful check in experience! We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff around. I apologize you were able to hear your neighbors during your stay. We sure hope you give us another chance to wow you again - and may I suggest next time trying the On The House© breakfast and our complimentary wireless internet access. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Room was super, clean, smelled really good and had everything that I needed to have a good stay. Everyone was very helpful, caring and professional. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants great service for an affordable price!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Hampton
    1  Thank Kathy C

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel! Thank you for all of your warm compliments! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try our very best to ensure that every guest has the best experience possible - from the time they arrive to the time they leave. We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff around because they really know their stuff! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great stop on my tour of the Southeast US. Very clean and safe. Convenient to downtown Asheville (about a 10 minute drive) Plenty of free parking. Nice fitness room. I did not have breakfast there, but it was crowded so I assume it was good/decent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
    AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to make sure every guest has the best stay possible. Next time you are in town, I hope you choose to stay with us again - and next time, join us for breakfast! I think you'll enjoy it. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

For the money, Hampton Inns far exceed any other Hilton properties in comfort, convenience and guest awareness to this, often weary, business traveler. This Hampton is my second most favorite Hilton Property, all holds barred. . .My first favorite being Hampton Inn, Citadel Haven Drive Charleston SC

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that we are your second-favorite Hilton Property. That is outstanding! Tell me, what do we need to do to get to the top of your list? We try very hard to ensure that our guests have the best stay possible every time. We truly appreciate your repeat business. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed here with friends while traveling to Brasstown, NC for a class at the John C Campbell Folk School. Entire facility looks brand-spanking new. Walked to the Carrabba's Italian Grill located just behind the hotel. Close to many restaurants and attractions.
    Good breakfast - scrambled eggs, potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh waffles and fruits, etc. Nice large dining area. Pleasant staff.
    Room well appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
    2  Thank svjanis

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Our property is recently renovated and we try very hard to keep it looking "brand-spanking new". I am glad that you and your friends chose our hotel as your resting stop on your trip to the Folk School. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again very soon!