“Treated very well at this hotel”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Fernandina Beach, Florida, Usa
“Treated very well at this hotel”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed here 2 nights as part of a church tour. It is located in a compound with 2 other hotels. Rooms were of adequate size and comfortable. Had duvets, which I find are either too hot or too cold. There was an extra bed spread in the closet which I used as a blanket, so didn't have to ask for an extra blanket. Bathroom was roomy. Only 1 sink but lots of counter space including a lower shelf. Night light in the bathroom was handy. Indoor pool but did not use. Small workout room, also not used. One of our group left his cell phone at a restaurant a few miles away and the hotel staff went to fetch it for him. That's SUPER service. One computer in the lobby but hardly ever used. Breakfast chain restaurant across the highway and an Italian chain restaurant in the compound. Usual continental breakfast at the hotel, but only had tea and juice there. Adequate seating, since there were 28 of us plus the other guests. A nice touch was the local forecast for several days, taped inside the elevator. Whether the prices are reasonable, I can't say since it was included in the tour price. All the staff were courteous and friendly. The lady running the breakfast service was great. Never ran out of anything. They even had cookies one afternoon. Walking distance to a mall, if that's your thing. Overall, a VERY nice place.

Room Tip: Elevators are on either end of building, so quieter rooms would probably be in the center.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank flyplayne
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have groups and tours stay with us quite often and try our very best to ensure that everything to do with the group - from making sure the rooms are nestled together to making sure everyone has everything they need - is taken care of in advance of your arrival. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Asheville! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2014

There is nothing negative to say about this place! The staff was great- especially Reggie and Kalli. They gave great recommendations.
The free shuttle was awesome. It was convenient, prompt, and the staff was helpful
The location was great
the pool area was awesome. Just enough for the kids to have fun, and we also enjoyed the outside patio area. Very relaxing and welcoming.
The breakfast was filling, hot and delicious.
The rooms were cozy, clean, and newly renovated all around
Look no further! This is the place!

Room Tip: be sure to ask for something away from the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shar0n_NC
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Sharon,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property! I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. We pride ourselves in having some of the best staff around, from housekeeping to front desk! I am so glad the weather was nice enough for you to enjoy our patio. We try very hard to make sure that every guest has the best stay possible – you trust us with providing a pleasant place to stay on your vacation, we try our very best to deliver! Thank you again for writing such a kind review and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Asheville!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is a great stay! The hotel was newly renovated and looks great. The rooms were very nice, clean, and new! I didn't have much interaction with the staff, but the ones that I did were pleasant. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel it was very clean and the rooms were nice. I was very impressed by the newly renovated rooms, great for the price!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaitlyn P
Kaitlyn,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that you had such a wonderful stay with us! Our housekeeping staff does a fabulous job keeping our property so clean and welcoming! We want to keep the “newly renovated” look for a long time! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road as your vacation stop. We hope to see you again very soon!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Saw a few great reviews and we had a quick change in trip plans so took a chance and no regrets. Everything looked recently refreshed all the way down to the euro style door handles on the rooms (fancy lever style instead of knobs). Very comfy king size bed, etc. and typical breakfast but scrambled eggs were quite fresh and having the grated cheese along with hot and salsa sauce on the side was a nice touch. The newer Hampton Inns are trying harder and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Only negative might be the steep driveway coming in but hey this is Asheville so you have to expect it, can't imagine snow and ice but I'm sure they plan for it. Would definitely stop here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank late74C
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and do not regret choosing our property! Our staff tries very hard to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible and I am happy to see that we did not fail you. As you stated, this is Asheville, and we are blessed with beautiful mountains. Unfortunately, that means hills which can be treacherous in the winter months; however, we take great care to make sure the hill leading up to our property is very well cared for in the event of inclement weather. I want to thank you, again, for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Asheville!

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was in charge of getting a hotel for our soccer team for this past weekend. We stayed in a different hotel across the street a few weeks ago and it was okay but nothing special. Lucky for us it was full this time so I switched to this Hampton Inn. First of all, I received a call from the hotel the night before check in to see if I had any special needs! I checked with others in my party and they also got the call. Wow! What a classy touch! I mentioned that since our team had a very early soccer game the following morning could they please have the breakfast buffet stocked with plenty of foods for the boys as they are heading out the door. Guess what? It was perfect! The boys had plenty of great choices and off to the fields we went. On the sidelines everyone was thanking me for picking such a great hotel. Clean, comfortable and wanting to please their customers is their number one priority. I will recommend this hotel to anyone who asks in the future! Great job and thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah B
Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We do our very best to ensure that every guest has the best stay possible, but with groups, there is sometimes a little more care that needs to go into ensuring that everything goes smoothly. One of the ways we do this is by making those calls the day prior to arrival – to be sure that if there are things we can do before you arrive, they can be taken care of so you don’t need to ask for it! I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road to house your team during your soccer game. We hope to see you again – either for future games or leisure travel!

Inverness, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel was great. The staff was outstanding. Especially Patrick. The Shuttle service to downtown is outstanding. Was able to go downtown as often as we wanted and not worry about parking. The staff went out of their way to help with recommendations and to ensure everything was fine when we came back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank retireesininverness
Hi!
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff around and having amenities such as the Complimentary Shuttle Service. We want to make sure that every guest has the best stay possible and will do whatever it takes to see that happen. I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and hope to see you on your next trip through Asheville!
Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. The staff is great. The breakfast is kept more fresh than any Hampton and it is right next to a Caraba's for dinner. Cannot beat the location as I do business with Mission Hospital and that's only a five minute drive. Plenty of stuff to do nearby and a very clean and nice place to stay. Highly impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ineedrthelp
Hello!
Wow, the best Hampton you have ever stayed at?!? I am very happy that we were able to make such an impact on your recent trip to Asheville! We employ some of the best staff around and they do their very best to ensure that everything – down to the smallest detail – is perfect so that the guest’s stay is the best ever! I am so pleased that we achieved this with your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review and for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We hope to see you again very soon!