This hotel was a mix of good and bad. The room itself was nice, but seemed to be an average Hampton Inn room, but at twice the cost one might expect pay for it. The folks at check in were nice and the check-in went smoothly. After checking in we had to wait a bit to get to our floor because the hotel has only one elevator servicing the building. The wait for an elevator wasn't too long, but I did wonder why just one elevator for an entire hotel. Once we got to the room, the room itself was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is not within walking distance of anything downtown Asheville, but does offer a shuttle service. I highly advise not counting on the shuttle service. It is only a small van and when I was going to sign up to use the shuttle it was booked for an hour out. I wisely decided to just take my own car downtown and easily found a parking garage. Asheville is a nice city and we had a good visit to the nearby Biltmore Mansion on Saturday morning. Unfortunately, I did not get time to use the pool or enjoy the hot breakfast so I cannot comment on those amenities. I have no reason to think either would have been less than first class. Since the room was clean and comfortable, I could have easily given it a 4 rating had it not been for the housekeeping staff. I paid over $200.00 for one night in this room and the check-out time was supposed to be 12:00 noon. At just after 10:00 am, even though I had a "do not disturb" sign on the door, the housekeeper was knocking on the door yelling "housekeeping". When I told her through the door that we needed more time she went away, but I could hear her telling the other housekeeper that she would be done for the day once my room was finished. I don't feel the housekeeper should be knocking on my door before check-out time when I have a "do not disturb" sign on my door...especially when I'm paying well over what the room is worth to start with. To put the price of this room in perspective, as I am writing this review, I'm staying in a name brand hotel just outside Washington DC for just over half the price this Hampton Inn room cost me in Asheville, North Carolina. I was also able to stay in an almost identical room at a Hampton Inn in Carlsbad, California, just a short drive from the beach for less than this room in Asheville, North Carolina. Combine the high price for an average Hampton room (not a suite) with the housekeeping staff ignoring my "do not disturb" sign on the door and I can't in good conscious give my stay better than a 3 rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Asheville Hampton Inn