“Good solid choice”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #7 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The manager reached out to me proactively after I made these reservations to determine if we had any special needs, which I thought was particularly classy.

The hotel is above average within the Hampton group. It is very convenient and the staff is attentive.

This will be a regular stop for me going forward. The only minor negative is the elevator is a bit of a bottle neck.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for views on the front of the hotel but slower via elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ncsccrdad
AndreaCoon, Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to get in touch with every guest the day prior to arrival to see if there are any special requests we can meet to make the guest's stay the best it can be. Our property is equipped with 2 elevators, one on each end of the building. I know things can be slow going when everyone tries to use one elevator. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice hotel, new property, fresh, and beautiful. Very conveniently located off the freeway, a few miles from Downtown Ashville. The amenities in the room are very good, and the complimentary breakfast really complements the great experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Niladri S

Niladri,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Our property was recently renovated and we do our very best to make sure it stays looking brand new. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. May I suggest next time you are in town to take advantage of our complimentary Shuttle. We can take you within a 5-mile radius of the hotel so you don't have to drive! We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Upon arrival I was told that if I had called in then I could have been given a top level floor. I thought that should have been part of the internet reservation process. Cons I didn't like the bedding, the comforter was too warm and there were no blankets. But that's subjective. The room was noisy. TV playing next door until 4am, people running/up down halls. I thought it was overpriced - if I came again I would stay at a different location and drive into downtown. Pros Decent Hotel Room and Lobby Clean Breakfast was fine - they kept up with refilling the food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

James,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. We try our very best to meet the needs and requests of all our guests. We attempt to contact all guests the day prior to arrival to ensure that we are able to meet any needs or special requests they may have. I am terribly sorry that we did not have a room on the top floor when you arrived. As far as the bedding, we do provide a blanket, which is located in the closet. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Our Breakfast Hosts are very good about keeping everything stocked and clean to ensure every guest is able to have the breakfast they want. I do hope you will give us another chance in the future. Thank you, again, for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before. Consistently good staff, amenities, breakfast. Clean and inviting. Good location to various routes. Loved having the complimentary cookies for dessert. Apples and newspaper also complimentary as well as coffee, tea and other beverages. Room has been quiet and comfortable each time. Fridge and microwave in the rooms. We used both as well as the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John F

John,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am so happy to see that you are a repeat guest! We try very hard to make sure every guest has the best stay possible. We like to provide our guests with the "little things" such as complimentary newspapers, apples, and coffee. It really is the little things that make the stay! I want to thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Second time at this property. This time we brought the Kids with use. We went to Biltmore for mother Day the Hampton is not far from Biltmore and there are server Routes to Chose from. Tom Tom always helps us find our way. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeremiah S

Jeremiah,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your repeat business! I am glad to see you were able to visit the Biltmore Estate. It is absolutely beautiful this time of year! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to having you stay with us a third time and many more after that!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our stay was very pleasant and the wonderful people who greeted us made our trip even better. The free shuttle service to downtown was an added bonus. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Complimentary breakfast was better than most. Patrick, in particular, was very affable and his presence made our entire trip much more pleasant. Some people have a knack for being much more than what is asked of them. This hotel has the right kind of people, nice accommodations, and reasonable rates. It's a great location that's a short distance to any of the many cool things to do and see around Asheville.

I would very much recommend to my friends and family.

We'll certainly be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CompostPotato

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property! We pride ourselves on having some of the best staff in Asheville. They play such a large part in making a guest's experience a positive one. Our courtesy shuttle is one of our most popular amenities. We try to have many options available to be sure that we meet the needs of every guest - whatever it may be! I am glad to see that you also took advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We chose this hotel based on other reviews on Tripadvisor and were very happy with the accommodations. Very easy access to the Highway and to downtown and the Biltmore The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and quiet. I did have a little trouble with the 5th floor drink vending machine, but finally got what I needed. Not having been to the area before we were not sure if a downtown hotel would be noisier, and as there was a music festival going on (April 24, 2014) we were glad to be out of the downtown area, although we enjoyed dinner and a short stroll downtown. And chocolate from the French Broad! Breakfast at the Hampton was adequate--good choice and well stocked in a clean and comfortable setting. The lobby had guests playing cards both evenings we were there and offered a very comfortable, and welcoming atmosphere. The beds were very comfortable and the shower nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jm Z

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Hampton Inn Tunnel Road. I am very happy to see that we met your expectations - and I hope we surpassed them! We are proud that our guests feel comfortable enough to use our space the same as they would their own living room. I hope you decide to stay with us on your next trip to Asheville. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.