“Tunnel Road, Asheville, NC”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I visit Asheville often and for this past visit stayed for 5 days with my husband and our two granddaughters. The hotel is clean, the staff is outstanding and it was comfortable all the way around. I'm a picky person, so you can trust this review - you will be very happy with it all.... and in addition to the complimentary internet & breakfast, they provide you with complimentary/no cost rides downtown - drop off and pick up wherever you want to go.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 16maureenm
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A wonderful hotel and the city is beautiful and quiet. The Chimney Rock maybe you will like to visit . make sure when you go there you have enough time to see everything at chimney rock area. there are a great view up to 2480 feet high.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rifaat J
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at Hampton Inn for a wedding. Not only was the service excellent and attentive, the shuttle service always welcoming and on time.. But the service once I had left was even more impressive. I had left my grandmother's gold bracelet in my room. Jennifer the receptionist was extremely helpful and making sure it was found and returned to me, also with help from the lovely head housekeeping lady.
Thank you very much! I will spread the word of this great service!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatRichards1
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I made the reservation well in advance and wanted a handicap room on the first floor. If they had told me they could not do it, I would of gone elsewhere. My sister and brother would also of gone elsewhere. I was not satisfied with our room. The other services were excellent .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AndreaCoon, Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hope,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your family! I am terribly sorry that we did not have an accessible room available for you when you arrived. I know that my team and myself did everything that we could to try and accommodate you and your family. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I look forward to seeing you all again! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Personnel very friendly, courteous. We stayed for seven days. Gentlemen, you should do something about the continous fan running in the bathroom. Kept me awake all week - cannot turn off. If you are a light sleeper than stay elsewhere. It's time you replaced the mattressses - I kept rolling from the center of the bed to the edge. Mattresses are TOO soft - no support. Room was very clean upon arrival, but after a few days not much was done besides the beds being made. Breakfast was good with a great variety. Don't think for the money we paid we would stay there again. Expected better.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms on the first floor near the pool. The chlorene smell strong.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Berninaserger

Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. The fan that you hear in the bathroom is the exhaust fan that runs from the first floor up to the roof. I apologize that this kept you awake during your stay with us. I wish you would have let us know about the problem so we could have worked to find a better solution than you losing sleep. I am happy to see that your experiences with our staff were pleasant and that you enjoyed our On The House© breakfast! I do hope you consider staying with us again in the future. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

David was very helpful and did a wonderful job of taking care of our room. He was pleasant and friendly. David was helpful with questions I had about things to do in the area. He worked diligently to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rene' C

Rene,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! David has a tendency to go above and beyond to help our guests. We are lucky to have him on our team. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were celebrating our 50th anniversary with out of town family. Everything was great from our request for rooms to be together, and near elevators. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, check in and out was very easy . Rooms were very clean, quiet and very pleasant. The breakfast was a wonderful selection and complimentary coffee all day was very nice....Enjoyed our stay and visit to Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MKM613

Hi!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property - and Happy Anniversary! I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try very hard to make sure every guest is 100% satisfied with their stay, but especially enjoy when guests invite us to be a part of their specials days and celebrations. I hope you come back again, to celebrate just a weekend away! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we look forward to seeing you very soon!