“Fourth of July Spectacular”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #9 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My adult family traveled with us to Asheville to look at real estate, we are moving in August of this year. We selected this hotel based on proximity to downtown square where there was a 4th of july celebration planned. The hotel staff and the accomodations were superb. The fireworks, music, and locals were wonderful. Overall, a great experience.

2  Thank Bruce B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed at dozens of Hampton Inns over the years, three in one week, so I'm comparing apples to apples here, not to high-end lodging. This property is new and clean and I liked the location. Parking is close and plentiful. There is a pool. Breakfast was so-so (runny oatmeal, for example) but adequate, and the people were friendly.

Here comes the "but" part. The wait for the main elevator was usually long and the layout is cramped: I saw people collide there many times. The non-pool health club was tiny given the size of the property. Maintenance seems like a low priority. The nightlight was out in the bathroom, the toilet seat was loose, and, most critically, the mattress was softer than pudding. I asked the front desk and was told there were no different mattresses in the whole hotel: every one is precisely the same model (he said nothing about age). I just had the worst back pain I've had in many years and the only difference was three nights on that support-free bed, so if that matters for you, take care.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our family visited Asheville and stayed two nights at the Hampton to drop off our daughter for camp up in the Black Mountains. The hotel is clean, the rooms are well kept, and the staff is friendly and quite engaging at times. It is rare that you hear genuine laughter between staff and customers and I heard it routinely. The greenery/forestry surrounding the hotel is quite nice and walking the parking lot was a morning ritual for some. With the culinary scene what it is in Asheville, we did not eat the free breakfast but it was PACKED each morning. Our only complaint, which may be linked to the 4th of July weekend, is that the trash can at the front door (visible each time you entered and exited *and* in the direct line of sight of the staff working the front desk) was overfull such that garbage was on the ground. I know they were understaffed and it had to wait but it should be taken care of immediately.

1  Thank turndav
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I visit Asheville often and for this past visit stayed for 5 days with my husband and our two granddaughters. The hotel is clean, the staff is outstanding and it was comfortable all the way around. I'm a picky person, so you can trust this review - you will be very happy with it all.... and in addition to the complimentary internet & breakfast, they provide you with complimentary/no cost rides downtown - drop off and pick up wherever you want to go.

3  Thank 16maureenm
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A wonderful hotel and the city is beautiful and quiet. The Chimney Rock maybe you will like to visit . make sure when you go there you have enough time to see everything at chimney rock area. there are a great view up to 2480 feet high.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rifaat J
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at Hampton Inn for a wedding. Not only was the service excellent and attentive, the shuttle service always welcoming and on time.. But the service once I had left was even more impressive. I had left my grandmother's gold bracelet in my room. Jennifer the receptionist was extremely helpful and making sure it was found and returned to me, also with help from the lovely head housekeeping lady.
Thank you very much! I will spread the word of this great service!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatRichards1
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I made the reservation well in advance and wanted a handicap room on the first floor. If they had told me they could not do it, I would of gone elsewhere. My sister and brother would also of gone elsewhere. I was not satisfied with our room. The other services were excellent .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
AndreaCoon, Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hope,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your family! I am terribly sorry that we did not have an accessible room available for you when you arrived. I know that my team and myself did everything that we could to try and accommodate you and your family. I do hope that you give us another chance in the future. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I look forward to seeing you all again! Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road.
Jessica Jacks