“Very nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Very clean and quiet. People who work there are nice. Great location. The bed was really comfortable. Liked the lap pad that was in the room. Free wifi worked well. Indoor pool looked inviting.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank MartiB
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our staff and amenities. We look forward to serving you during your next trip to the Asheville area!

Reviewed 17 October 2009

It has been many years since I had stayed in a Hampton Inn, and I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities. The hotel is nicely decorated and a pleasant lobby area. The room was spacious and in good condition. I was pleased that there were white duvets on the beds, because it is so much cleaner and fresher than ugly bedspreads. The beds and pillows were cushy. We had a lovely view of the mountains from our 5th floor window. There was a little problem that neither of our key cards worked, but it was easily remedied by the front desk. The was a nice breakfast with foods to microwave and fresh fruit.
There is a pool, whirlpool, sauna and very nice workout area with modern machines and weights.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write such a warm review of our hotel. I am glad that you had such a great stay and had the opportunity to enjoy our great amenities. Thank you so much for being our guest! We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future!

Reviewed 28 September 2009

My husband and I are big Hampton Inn fans. HI is our hotel of choice; we stay at 7-8 per year. Our stay at the Hampton on Tunnel Rd. in NC was generally positive, as are most of our HI stays. The staff was fantastic, the rooms were great, the breakfast was plentiful.

Two odd things though: No microwaves or frigs in the rooms, and no "breakfast to go" bags offered. I thought these were both standard HI options. At least they are things we've come to count on. So just want to mention to other travelers that neither were a part of our stay in this HI.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EuroGal
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and thought our staff was fabulous! I will share your warm comments with them. I also wanted to mention that our breakfast on the go bags are only out Monday through Friday. It is because of feedback from valuable guests that we are able to continually improve. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you during your next trip to the Asheville area! Thank you again!

Hampton Inn Tunnel Road

Reviewed 16 August 2009

We, are Hampton Inn clients. We like the pillows/beds, etc. But, sometimes we check in and find that a HI is nothing more than a converted Quality Inn. This place has been recently re-done and smacks of the little luxuries HI is known for. The decor is first class, TV is flat panel, desk help great. It turns out that my check in clerk was new and I was his first client. I pretended to give him a tough time and he responded with humor. This is a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leatherman
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff welcoming and helpful. I will be sure to share your compliments with my team. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Asheville area!

Reviewed 11 August 2009

I stayed at this hotel (second stay in past two years) for two nights while traveling through the Carolinas on business. The ease of check-in was great (I had booked online so I just had to give my credit card to verify) and I was in my room within 5 minutes of arriving. The hotel is your basic Hampton Inn with great beds, free breakast and cookies at night. The wi-fi connection was easy to establish and I had no problem browsing the internet from my room. The location is also very good as it is very close to downtown Asheville and many restaurants. My experience with the staff was great as they were all very friendly!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Curtis M

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is always nice to hear about the great experiences travelers have during their stay with us. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you when you are in the Asheville area.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

We had a wonderful stay. Great location, seems to be just renovated. VERY comfortable beds and nice breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SWFLTraveller
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2009

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you again when you are in the Asheville area.

Reviewed 17 July 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the first time. I do a lot of business traveling, so most of stays are the Hampton Inns, The check in was find, however I did find one of the clerks a lot more helpful. The other clerk did not seen to care. The room was a little disappointing. I felt like I smelled smoke and or something. Called down for someone to maybe spray it, but got back from dinner and stiil had same smell. The next morning I had problems with my shower, I had trouble with the hot water, so I settled for a cool shower.The breakfast offered a lot, the waffle was great, but the muffins seem to be damp. Also very small area to eat, not a lot of tables.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank alabamafann

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is my goal that every guest have a great experience with us and I am so sorry that this was not the case with your stay. It is guest feedback such as yours that helps us to continually improve. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in the Asheville area.