Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
US$117
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$89
Country Inn
US$110
US$118
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$173
  • Restaurant
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$135
  • Pool
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$338
Travelocity
All reviewswould stay here againroom was cleanoutlet mallwafflesthe sofa bedfree breakfastthe blue ridge parkwaystayed here for nightsfront desk staffconvenient locationnice place to staytop floorpool and hot tubthe breakfast areaminute driveexcellent staybiltmore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2014

a busy hotel lively with lots of tourists excited about visiting Asheville. This made good conversation at the bar. front desk person was not inspiring just bare minimum maybe they were having a bad day but the atmosphere in the hotel soon overcame that. room was good looking out to inner courtyard and was very quiet. breakfast was a busy affair bit the staff worked well to keep the buffet stocked and were very helpful. overall a good experience

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kenneth M
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed Fri Feb 28th for two nights while attending the funeral of my uncle who passed unexpectedly in Charlotte, NC.. An enormous tournament in Charlotte increased the price of rooms beyond my budget, so I decided to stay in Asheville coming and going so I wouldn't have to make the entire Chattanooga-Charlotte trek at one time.

The staff here could not have been more kind and respectful. The young lady at the desk Saturday morning even noticed the lint all over my black suite I was wearing for the funeral. She kindly offered a lint brush and assisted me to remove as much as possible. Breakfast was plentiful and well stocked, which when you pair breakfast with a friendly staff member attending to the buffet, that just made my morning.

This hotel proves you don't need to be the newest on the block to give the best service and experience possible.

Room Tip: Choose this hotel, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn South - Biltmore Square when we visited Asheville, NC. The hotel is located just off of I-26 and only a short way from the junction with I-40 and I-240 (the belt around Asheville). Very convenient to downtown Asheville, the Biltmore Estate, etc. Our room was spacious, very clean and had features usually found in Marriott's higher-level brands such as Courtyard. The breakfast offered (free) was varied and good, including several hot items such as eggs, etc. The staff was friendly and courteous. Overall, it was a great deal for the price. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

27 DEC 2013
Clean and nice looking both outside and in, this hotel is very nice for the price and where it sits on the Marriott hierarchy. Apparently a former Wingate INN.

Our first night I discovered the room desk’s Ethernet wire plug was broken. I called the front desk at 10 PM and asked them to put that repair on the next day’s agenda along with a work order for the receptacle that is on the desk lamp on the room’s desk, it didn’t work.
Around 1030 PM I discovered the toilet was not flushing even paper. We called the front desk again at 11 PM. The gentleman at the desk said, “Do you want me to come now?” Seriously??? He did, no improvement.

The neighboring room insulation was so poor compared to what I am used to from the family of Marriott hotels. The guy next door coughed a few times and I thought he was sitting in the couch in our room. Then he said something to someone which was easy to hear and understand. Amazing!!!!!

Bathroom is small, single sink and the tub is small also with a straight curtain instead of the normal Marriott arched version. The tub has an assist handle installed on the front wall where the water valves are, for a person taking a shower or needing assistance to get in the shower; but NOT for one needing to steady themselves pulling themselves up from a bath; there was no side mounted handle in our tub.
28 DEC 2013
We returned from sightseeing and discovered no one had worked on our room maintenance issues because we had left the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door. I totally understood. However, the toilet is still not flushing and this had to be corrected. No other rooms were available in the hotel so our room’s toilet HAD to be fixed!!!
The maintenance man came 1 more time to no avail. Then they sent their ‘A; team, a young woman who beat the toilet into submission with her plunger. We had no problems out of that toilet again.

29 DEC 2014

The next day while we were gone, the remaining issues were repaired.
We loved the room, Marriott mattresses and pillows are the best, but all the little maintenance problems leads me to believe no one checks anything between customers at this hotel.

In the end we were inconvenienced; toilets can get clogged at a moment’s notice, but room repairs that are present when you arrive….there is no excuse for that from a chain that normally is completely on top of everything.
Staff was very nice and very courteous.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jimh615
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Breakfast was great! Big selection to choose to from, including hot items like biscuits and gravy. The room was also very good. King bedroom was very spacious with a sofa. There was a little area with a mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee which was very convenient. Everything was clean, including the bathroom. Our room was right across from the elevators which we worried about, but this wasn't a problem at all! There is an indoor pool and hot tub which we used one night, but the room was extremely hot and we couldn't stay in there very long. If I had to complain about something, I'd say the bed and pillows weren't as comfortable as many other hotels I've stayed at. But I still slept okay...it's probably just an older mattress and pillow set. The rest of the room seemed updated not too long ago with nice furnishings and a large TV.

Location: very close to Biltmore! This was the reason for our trip. It was slightly over 4 miles away and very easy to get to! The hotel is in a good area with super easy access off the interstate. It's not a crowded area at all, as much of Asheville is. But there's still a good amount of food options right at you, a grocery store, and a nice Kmart (big shock on the Kmart!). Biltmore Square Mall that's across the street has shut down to become an outlet mall next year, but the anchor stores are still open. Downtown is only about 10 minutes away. I would stay here again when coming back to Biltmore or Asheville!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple