“Awful and super run down property!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square
Ranked #39 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati
“Awful and super run down property!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This property is a disgrace to Marriott. Unclean, half of lot is gravel. Random old junk laying in parking lot. Stains on blankets. It honestly made me nervous to leave my car outside in their lot. Only plus is a fire station sits by property, in case the junky hotel bursts into flames. Oh and did I mention the random nasty charcoal grill out front. All around awful!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank LOVESTOTRAVEL32
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Lovestotravel32,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. The gravel lot is actually just a turn around space for motorcoaches, vehicles with trailers, etc. We do have a lot of long term guests that bring their charcoal grills. We do allow this because we want all of our long term guests to feel like this is their home away from home. I hope that you will return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your next visit to Asheville, NC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mount Holly, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was coming back from Pigeon Forge and it was late and I became too tired to drive home. Knowing Marriott quality as Platinum members, I chose this hotel. Karl at the front desk was outstanding as he made me feel completely welcome, recognized our status, and made me feel right at home. I was in room 509 which was clean and fine for the night. They were pretty full and I settled for two double beds, but it made me proud to be a Marriot customer when I witnessed Karl going out of his way to make sure I had a positive experience!

Room Tip: High floors always work for us.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Piseu
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at this property during a road trip for only one night. Checked in late with a very friendly and considerate front desk associate. He made the process quick, easy and painless. Room was clean, neat, and looked like it was recently updated.
It is conveniently located just off the highway in a cluster of hotels, so they should always have competitive rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JayhawkFan56
New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our weekend visit to the Biltmore estate. The hotel is conveniently located, and the hotel itself is clean and comfortable. Here are the highlights:

Location - The hotel is only a 10 minute drive from downtown Asheville and the Biltmore Estate, and is less than 2 miles from I-40. There is also a farmers market nearby.

Room - Our room was clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The only downside was that our A/C fan constantly ran, despite the fact we switched it off, but we were able to sleep through it.

WiFi - Access to the wifi is free.

Breakfast - Free breakfast is available in the lobby each morning from 6am to 10am.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank 888Main
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I had a very nice stay at this hotel. We stayed for 3 days. The staff was exceedingly nice and helpfull. The rooms were super clean and the king size bed was very comfortable. Great location as it was only a few miles from the Blue Ridge Pkwy. The free buffet breakfast was always fresh and a good assortment of fruits, etc. Overall a good stay and we would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robert m
White Lake, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Upon arrival there was only one person working at the desk and they were helping someone with a reservation and it took forever. And then when she started to help us the phone rang again and she went to answer it. I find that so annoying. When you have a captive audience, your attention should be put on them. Overall, the hotel was nice, the rooms were clean, and we liked having a fridge in the room. The breakfast had a good selection too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TPOP51
Kim R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Asheville South/Biltmore Square, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
TPOP15,
Thank you for your recent review, I am sorry that you had to wait while the attendand made reservations. This is our busy season and the call volume has been very high, we will definitely use your comment to improve.
Toms River, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We overheard people complaining to the front desk about how hard the beds were they agreed with the complaints. They told us unfortunately the beds were brand new and they had just taken the plastic off. The beds were so hard it was like sleeping on a board hurting my back and not being able to sleep. Also the room was cold and the bed had double sheets with no blanket and none in the closet. I must say the room was a very nice size though. Too bad.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Pearlnnj,
Thank you for taking time to write a review, all comments are taken into consideration and we will keep this in mind for future purchases. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.