“A great bargain”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Cookeville, Tennessee
“A great bargain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This Sleep Inn was very clean and the people were very friendly. The breakfast rivaled those at much more expensive hotels with everything you could possibly want to eat to choose from. I am recommending this hotel to friends going to Asheville or just passing through.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Apex, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many, many times over the past 10 years and have never been disappointed. The property is spotless and the rooms recently reappointed making them even more pleasant than before.

The hotel rests on top of a little hill away from the hustle and bustle of traffic and tourists while remaining convenient to so many places in the area. And, The staff has ALWAYS been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RiverSt
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Sleep Inn West - April 21-23 while visiting Asheville. The rooms were very clean and the beds comfy. The front desk staff was the absolute nicest ever - recommending great places to eat and even helping with tickets to Biltmore House that were less expensive than purchasing on the internet direct from the Biltmore website.
We will definitely stay here again when in Asheville. Thanks for making our stay so pleasant!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ksmom22
Marseilles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Spacious, immaculate rooms with microwave and frig.
Very helpful and friendly staff.
Nice free buffet breakfast. Great coffee!
WSJ every morning.
Great value.
Great location.
Stayed at 3 sleep inns this trip. All marvelous.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
West Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Great vacation package and clean rooms! The staff was very friendly. I only reserved one night when I made my reservation and then decided the next day that we were going to stay another night. It was a busy weekend in Asheville so nearly all hotels in town were booked, Sleep Inn West included. Vicky from the front desk was kind enough to call other hotels in the area to make sure we had a place to stay. She went above and beyond the call of duty. Customer service like that is hard to find.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Carrboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed alone (single young female) here for one night while in town to visit with friends. I felt very safe and secure even though I was traveling alone. I found the front desk service was very good. They were nice enough to call me a cab, provide me with change, and give me a late checkout. The room nice overall, and I appreciated the extra outlets. I didn't care for the light bulbs they used in the room. They were all fluorescent/energy saving bulbs. The TV, ironing board/iron, and mini fridge were nice to have and I used them all. My main complaint is that the walls of this hotel seemed thin and I could hear my neighbor coughing in the night as well as other noises. The bed was just okay in terms of comfort. I also noticed that the elevator smelled very strongly of smoke every time I used it and that was a turn off. No where else in the hotel did I notice any other smells though. They had what looked to be a good continental breakfast, but I didn't try it as I had other plans. Overall, I would stay here again, but *only* if I could get a better deal on the price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
We appreciate your kind comments, and we're sorry to hear about the shortcomings you experienced. We do use the energy-saving bulbs as part of Choice Hotels' "Room to be Green" program, in which we take small steps to reduce our overall environmental impact. I am also sorry about the smoky smell in the elevator. We will try to prevent this in the future. I hope you will choose us again next time you are in the area!
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

A little out of town (it's near the airport) - this place had the usual pretty good breakfast - waffles, eggs. It was simple and fine.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family