“First time stay”
Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #17 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at this Sleep Inn on 3/1. We only needed to stay one night, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money for one night. The price was good for a great room. The room was small, but clean with a refrigerator and a microwave. The room also had a flat screen TV and it had a lot of cable channels, which was a surprise. Justin checked us in early and was very friendly. If we are in Asheville again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Second time staying at this wonderful hotel. Great location, service, & accommodations at great price in a beautiful and amazing town. If your planning a trip to Asheville and on a budget this is then place to stay.Will make it stay number 3 on my next trip to Asheville!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I made a reservation today for a co-worker to stay at this property tonight. Krutika at the front desk went above and beyond to help me with the reservation - she was professional, friendly and very helpful in helping me set up this reservation for my co-worker. She represents your property well and took care of this res for me so much faster and way more pleasant than most properties I deal with, so I am very grateful!!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great hotel, great price, everything seems like a well-oiled machine. I wanted to mention something specific from when we were there that I didn't have a chance to let the management know about. The lady who served breakfast (Friday morning, 2/21) was fantastic. We overslept and I came down to the breakfast area well after the breakfast had closed. I was just there to get some coffee and juice, and I knew we had missed breakfast and were just planning on picking up some fast food at that point. I alerted her that I was leaving a cup down there while I carried a couple of other cups up to the room, just so she wouldn't throw it away. She asked me if I'd like a tray to be able to carry the three cups. I said sure, that would be great. Then she asked if I'd like some muffins or pastries or something for breakfast. Again, I said yes. She disappears into the kitchen for a minute, and I hear the microwave running. She brings me out a tray . . . complete with two plates of pastries, bananas, biscuits, eggs, and sausage. Wow! Now THAT is above and beyond for customer service. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The staff at this hotel go above and beyond to be of service. When we found out our refrigerator didn't work they came within 10 minutes to check on it, offered to either remove and replace the fridge or hold any items in the fridge at the front desk. We chose the later. Then when we were going to dinner they offered us a discount coupon for the restaurant we had chosen. Plus when I asked about a chocolate restaurant in town Krutika gave us another choice of a new place she had heard of. The whole staff was friendly, informative and made us very comfortable. The rooms were attractive and quiet. The bathrooms were nice though I am not much for pocket doors. All in all, I would definitely stay here again and have included their phone # in my contacts for quick future reference.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I spend a lot of time on the road, and am frequently in hotels. I try to stick with the choice hotels brands, with Sleep Inn being my usual. Sleep Inn West is one of the nicest Choice properties that I have stayed in. Of course they have a pretty much generic floor plan, but the room was very nicely appointed, spacious, and comfortable. The hotel property was well maintained and the common areas and room were nicely decorated with local art. The staff was friendly and always helpful. I am looking forward to staying with them again next week..

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My fiance and I traveled the weekend of Valentine's Day and chose this hotel because of how great the rate was compared to all the other hotels this weekend, the fact that it looked clean and more updated online (especially compared to most Sleep-Inn's) and had good reviews. It was pretty much everything you could ask for if you are looking for an extremely affordable hotel near Asheville that has the essentials and feels newer/modern/clean, plus its just a 10 minute drive to downtown Asheville. It looks just like the pictures they have here! The hotel was nice enough to accommodate our request of a mountain view room, so on the backside we could see the sun come up over the hills in the morning. The breakfast was pretty good, and is included, the eggs were not scrambled and at first I was bummed about that, they were just egg rounds, but they have biscuits, sausage and really good gravy to beef it up and with all that it was more than enough. They also have a waffle maker, muffins, hard boiled eggs, fruit, etc. All fresh and good. Everyone at the desk and the manager all seemed very friendly, attentive & knowledgable. Most importantly, the beds were very comfortable! It seemed like it was going to be too firm, but we both slept amazing! The shower was older but they definitely kept it up, spotless, clean and no mildew or mold. The water pressure was perfect, and it had a big rainhead showerhead. The only thing that sort of was annoying was the day we checked out (which was a Monday, not a busy day of the week) we were almost all set (the check out time is 11am) and we had all our things ready but still hadn't made it out the door just yet and a lady (i think from housekeeping staff) was knocking on the door at exactly 11:02 am wanting to get right in... we were sort of surprised they were on us literally 2 minutes over, I could see 15 minutes or so, but we were wrapping things up and felt really pushed out. It might have been a misunderstanding, but I thought that was a little much. Other than that tiny hangup I would highly recommend the place!

Room Tip: Rooms on backside have a view of hills