“Very Nice Place”

Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Atwood, Illinois
“Very Nice Place”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a very nice place to stay
It was very clean and the staff was great
A little pricey for where they are but would stay here again
Breakfast was good also with a wide range of food from cereal to fruit to sausage and eggs

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Great Bend, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2014

After our stay the night before at a not-so-nice hotel, we really enjoyed staying at this Sleep Inn! Our room was clean, smelled fresh, breakfast was great, bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area. Like someone else said, their rates were very reasonable!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Colleen H
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My family and I recently stayed at this Sleep Inn location while travelling through Asheville area. July 2014 stay. Check-in was very smooth, no problem getting into room. The hotel is very clean, and our room and bathroom were also in great condition. There was a fridge and microwave in our room. Wifi was also free and worked great.

Our room had a sink and vanity in the room. A sliding door divided the room from the bathroom. The bathroom had tile decor and a shower-only setup. So, toilet and shower in a small room, and dividing (sliding) door separates that from room. Fine for us, but that may throw some folks off who aren't used to it.

The room also had great TV and cable reception. A/C worked great, too.

Breakfast was quite good. Juice, yogurt, coffee, hard boiled eggs as well as a hot section for waffles, eggs, sausage links and biscuits. The staff was very attentive and kept the food coming on a crowded morning.

I needed some extra lotion and a toothbrush, and the front desk provided that--no problem.

There is not a pool, but there is a workout facility that looked pretty well-equipped for a small hotel.

As stated in other reviews, there are a few restaurants and fast-food places nearby. Good location.

Beds were comfortable; lots of pillows and blankets, so no problem there.

I would definitely stay here again--great for a stop along the travel route!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MeGusta H
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk / Marketing at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear MeGusta H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We're delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Guest feedback is extremely important to us. We will definitely use the information you've given here to ensure that our future guests enjoy their visit at Sleep Inn West as much as you did.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Asheville!

Justin Wiles
Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I ended up staying here for 3 nights - I was at another hotel on Friday, but they had no rooms on Saturday, so I found the Sleep Inn West, and it worked out great. In addition, their rates were very reasonable compared to most of the other hotels in the area.

They were also able to accommodate my fluctuating travel plans. While initially looking at the map, it seemed somewhat "far out", but in actuality, you can get to downtown in about 8 minutes it you take I-40 in to town, or about 12 minutes if you take 19.

The room was extremely clean and well maintained. It had a refrigerator and microwave and the room was designed so that vanity and sink were separate from the toilet/shower. I also appreciated that the breakfast area had hot water on tap available 24/7.

I would definitely stay here again. Clean, reasonably priced and not that far out of the way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk / Marketing at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear PrincessNthePea,

Thanks very much for your lovely review. We're so happy that we were able to accommodate you when your other hotel was booked. And you're absolutely right, our location can look deceiving on a map, but in actuality we're quite close to the downtown Asheville area, as well as the main roads and interstates in town.

We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Justin Wiles
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I would like to thank the Sleep Inn West for giving me and my family an opportunity to stay there at a last minute reservation. I was originally had a reservation at a another hotel and they had already booked my room, when I told that I needed a early check in at 04:00am. Well I had no where else to go, and needed a place really bad all the hotels where booked and the Hotel Clerk at Sleep Inn gave us a room, I was so excited! I want to thank all of the staff, especially Krutica who really assist me with solving problem with the other hotel. I would recommend this hotel over and over again!!!!

DianaJ
Ohio

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk / Marketing at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Diana J,

You're welcome!! At Sleep Inn West, we completely understand how frustrating it is to arrive at a hotel only to find that your room has been rented out. I'm so glad we were able to help you out with that last-minute reservation. I will let Krutika know that her assistance was appreciated.

Thanks very much, and we'd love to accommodate you next time you're staying in Asheville!

-Justin Wiles
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location and access to I-40. Clean and spacious room. Good selection of breakfast items.
Friendly staff. Highly recommend this hotel. Downtown Asheville is closeby. Cracker Barrel restaurant is across the street and fast food restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Beachgalnmore
Senoia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

It was a pleasure to stay in an immaculately maintained hotel, especially after just being in one that was just the opposite! We enjoyed the cozy room, the quiet but efficient air conditioning and its cleanliness. We received complete room service every day, even though we wouldn't have expected ii. The breakfast is very good...love the pancake maker! The only drawback was the thin walls, and the staff cannot control that. I could hear conversations next door, so you need to hope for quiet neighbors.

Room Tip: I always like to stay away from the restaurant and lobby of motels and prefer the top floor. A room...