“Great deal near Asheville”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
“Great deal near Asheville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

Good location, comfortable, adequate breakfast, exercise machines need repair.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2010

Really nice surprise. Good hotels in Asheville are expensive, so I took a chance on this place based of the mostly positive reviews and am glad that I did.

First impression was good, very clean lobby, a little plain to look at but nice and tidy. The young lady at the desk was very pleasant. The room looked newly remodeled. This looks to be a typical sleep in setup, compact rooms with big walk in showers. The bathroom looked to have new tile. The furniture looked pretty new and there was a nice size LCD tv, 32" I believe, also looked new. The bed was nice, I slept well, I think it may have been a pillow top. The sheets (very important to me) were soft, not really luxurious but good. There was a typical polyester motel bedspread on the bed, it was in an updated style an added a pop of color to the room (I prefer a nice duvet covered comforter).

There were fresh cookies in the lobby around 5 that was a nice touch. They offer a "free breakfast" they had the cook your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, biscuits with gravy, some weird disk shaped eggs, sausage, cereal and some muffins. There was plenty to eat and we were satisfied, everything seemed fresh.

I like to stay in hotels that offer great linens, they really enhance my stay, but at more than twice the cost of this place in Asheville, I took a chance. Choice hotels seem to be hit or miss, and I no longer rely on them for a good place to stay, I usually pay more for more consistent brands. If every sleep inn/choice hotel was like this, I would book with them far more often, it was just a really pleasant stay.

We were glad that we chose this location, even though we were there for a visit to the Biltmore, the area around the Biltmore was far more congested and busy, this is just a couple exits away from the hubub.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 19 December 2010
Thanks so much for your kind comments! We strive to provide a consistently terrific guest experience, and we're so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your useful suggestions. Thanks for trying us out, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Lithia, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The price was good.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2010

This was an extremely well maintained, quiet, clean hotel that was conveniently located. The breakfast was a cut above the standard continental breakfast. They had bananas and a little refrigerator with a selection of yogurt. Very nice value for the price! We would definately stay there again when traveling in that area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel for a single night. The room was large and clean and the bed was comfortable. Since it was a big night for football, we wanted to watch some games but the TV in the room was extremely blurry (you couldn't even read the scores.) I told the desk clerk when checking out so that they could switch that one out for a better one and she said that all of the tv"s need replacing. The hall smelled strongly of cigarettes but the non-smoking room was odor-free. Again, good night's sleep for the price.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
We really appreciate your feedback! Our apologies for the blurry TV... you and our future guests will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of ordering brand new LCD flat screen TVs! We look forward to your return, and thanks again!
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2010

After spending one night in an expensive "resort" hotel with no free coffee or morning danish, we checked into the Sleep Inn. Man, what a difference. Great prices, clean rooms, free internet, coffee, hot breakfast, and best of all - warm cookies in the afternoon. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They even let us park our motorcycles where the security camera could monitor them. I got a call one night that someone was checking out my bike. When I went out to check it out, I found that I had left my keys in the ignition. Needless to say - I was very happy with the folks at the front desk who gave me the alert. Turns out it was just a guy admiring my bike - but it could have ended much different. I will always stay at a Sleep Inn if one is available.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Thanks so much for your comments! We are so happy that our amenities and our staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
cincy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2010

nice hotel
clean rooms
nice breakfast
excellent staff with great attention to detail

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple