“Other mid-range Hotels should take a lesson from this little gem”
Review of Sleep Inn West

Sleep Inn West
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Lexington, Ky
“Other mid-range Hotels should take a lesson from this little gem”
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed at this great hotel on the way back from a business trip in Charlotte, NC. It was a Saturday night and I had called ahead to be sure that they had a room available. I had never stayed at this property before so I looked on tripadvisor and seen that the reviews were all good. When the young lady confirmed that they indeed had a room for me, I reserved it. When I asked her what the room cost would be, she said $53.00. I was surprised at this price. Rarely do you get any decent property these days for that kinda price. Upon arriving at the hotel late that evening, I noticed that the parking lot was nearly full. The hotel looked very nice as well. When I checked in, the young lady at the front desk (I believe her name was Rebecca) was very friendly and helpful. I had requested a quiet room. When I completed my check-out and went to my room, I was very, very happy. The room was extra clean and it was very quiet. I got a great nights sleep here. I highly recommend this property for any traveler. I give it 2 thumbs up. Way up! Good job, Sleep Inn West.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 23 March 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so glad to have made your stay an excellent one. Come back and see us soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Just off the highway, not too far from Biltmore and downtown Asheville. The room was on the smaller size, but with the nice furnishings, comfortable bed and flat-screen, it was a nice place to rest in between trips around the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
nashville, tn
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Stayed on our way home. Sets way up on a hill with good views of the mountains. Lots of eating places around.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
W. Bloomfield, Mi
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Clean. Friendly and helpful staff. We highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Gaylord, Michigan
Reviewed 21 January 2011

Good price for a very nice Sleep Inn. The room was large, nice bedding, very clean, modern and a brand, new very large flat-screen TV. The staff was very friendly also.
This is our second time staying here and it is sure to be a regular stop on our trip south each year.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Good location, comfortable, adequate breakfast, exercise machines need repair.

• Stayed January 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Really nice surprise. Good hotels in Asheville are expensive, so I took a chance on this place based of the mostly positive reviews and am glad that I did.

First impression was good, very clean lobby, a little plain to look at but nice and tidy. The young lady at the desk was very pleasant. The room looked newly remodeled. This looks to be a typical sleep in setup, compact rooms with big walk in showers. The bathroom looked to have new tile. The furniture looked pretty new and there was a nice size LCD tv, 32" I believe, also looked new. The bed was nice, I slept well, I think it may have been a pillow top. The sheets (very important to me) were soft, not really luxurious but good. There was a typical polyester motel bedspread on the bed, it was in an updated style an added a pop of color to the room (I prefer a nice duvet covered comforter).

There were fresh cookies in the lobby around 5 that was a nice touch. They offer a "free breakfast" they had the cook your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, biscuits with gravy, some weird disk shaped eggs, sausage, cereal and some muffins. There was plenty to eat and we were satisfied, everything seemed fresh.

I like to stay in hotels that offer great linens, they really enhance my stay, but at more than twice the cost of this place in Asheville, I took a chance. Choice hotels seem to be hit or miss, and I no longer rely on them for a good place to stay, I usually pay more for more consistent brands. If every sleep inn/choice hotel was like this, I would book with them far more often, it was just a really pleasant stay.

We were glad that we chose this location, even though we were there for a visit to the Biltmore, the area around the Biltmore was far more congested and busy, this is just a couple exits away from the hubub.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, 19 December 2010
Thanks so much for your kind comments! We strive to provide a consistently terrific guest experience, and we're so happy that we exceeded your expectations. We also appreciate your useful suggestions. Thanks for trying us out, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!