“Great Place to Stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Asheville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Express Asheville
Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Virginia
“Great Place to Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2008

Chose this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor. Never have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, but was pleasantly surprised! From the friendly staff checking you in - to the rooms being very, very clean, we had a great experience. The breakfast was good; offered a variety of breakfast items (eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage to bagels, bread, english muffins, cereal, etc.) If I had to say one negative thing, it would be the maids. No one spoke english!!!! I needed to convey to them that we needed clean towels and I could not get anyone to understand!!! Not really an issue that didn't resolve itself, we obviously had clean towels when we returned that evening, but it was rather frustrating. Would not keep me from returning there however! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Baltimore, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

Over the years I've grown a little leary of staying at the Holiday Inn, I have to say this stay changed my mind. We found the staff to be very helpful and the rooms to be clean and comfortable (no crude in the corners of the bathroom+++) , I would recommend this location to anyone visiting the Asheville area. We paid around $114.00(tax & add ons included) for 2 double beds.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2008

Stayed here for two nights while visiting the Biltmore. Very clean, friendly staff, no complaints whatsoever. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

We enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are nice, staff members were helpful, and the breakfast was good. It is a pretty good location. The Biltmore is about a 10-minute drive; those wanting to be closer to the Biltmore and downtown area may wish to choose a place closer to that part of town. We did not try the pool or the exercise room. There is a small mall practically across the street, which was very emply people-wise but it had a decent selection of stores for its size.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank AGeorgiaReviewer
Denver CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2008

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews and I was very happy with my decision. I had never stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I stayed 2 nights and paid $94 for Sunday night and $81 for Monday night. I thought this was a little high but it was spring break and every place else I checked was way over $100 per night. The lobby and eating area is very, very nice. The breakfast was great and had a lot more items then what I expected. The room is your basic hotel room. Bed was great and I really liked the idea of no bedspread, just the blanket in between 2 sheets. After reading articles about how dirty and how many germs are found on hotel comforters and bedspreads I think Holiday Inn has an excellent solution for that problem. It’s great having a soft and a firm pillow on the bed so you have a choice. The bathroom was spotless and the towels were big and fluffy. The carpet looked like it could use a cleaning but otherwise everything was very clean. I really liked that the windows actually could be opened. This hotel is across from the Biltmore Square mall but don’t waste your time going there. It’s mostly empty stores and the Dillards is just a clearance center and not really a store. You can find a bargain if you enjoy looking through racks and racks of stuff.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank TS9999
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2008

I had changed my hotel from the Comfort Suites to this property after reading Trip Advisor reviews panning the Comfort and extolling the HI Express. It lived up to this evaluation as it was clean, affordable, at the end of the freeway ramp, and had a nice breakfast.

• Liked — All aspects of a hotel of this genre.
  • Disliked — A little tricky to find the driveway.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sliphorn
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2008

Pretty much the same as any other Holiday Inn Express; good room with a comfortable bed, clean and pretty quiet. We were in Asheville in the Biltmore's offseason, which may explain the very good price we got. We booked a normal King room for my wife's parents and the Whirlpool King Room for ourselves. Both rooms had a good bed, TV, fridge, and microwave. Our room had a balcony with a view of a Mall (which was nice, we could pick out a place for dinner from our room). The whirlpool tub was basically a soaking tub with jets (someday we'll find a real two-person tub somewhere we stay!), but we only payed $5 more anyway and the extra space was nice. We used the indoor hot-tub, which was nice and fairly clean.

Location was good, close to shopping, food, and the Biltmore. The roads in Asheville are confusing (make sure you get East and West right, because the major road numbers you intersect are the same either direction!) but that isn't the hotel's fault. The sign can be a bit easy to miss, as it is mixed in with three other hotels right around it.

• Liked — Price, overall quality
  • Disliked — Fingerprints on the microwave (My wife is picky)
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family