“Great value”

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Thisnis the 2nd time we have stayed here and we were very pleased. The room was clean and modern and the rate very good. It is also very close to Biltmore so the location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank peckstkd

Reviewed 12 April 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Guesthouse Inn last night. The room was beautiful, very tastefully decorated. The entire place, including the carpet, was immaculate. Very clean.

The room contained 2 beds, an arm chair, a desk and chair, an armoire with the television and a mini fridge. It also included soaps, shampoos, coffee maker and supplies as well as an iron and ironing board.

There was a shortage of parking and no elevator that we could find. We had to lug our giant heavy suitcases up 3 flights of stairs to the third floor.

The guy working the front desk was very stuffy and formal. Not friendly AT ALL.

Overall, I highly recommend the Guesthouse. It was clean, comfortable, nice and we only paid $40 on Priceline.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of heavy luggage, you might request a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This hotel is located just across the street from the Biltmore house and only about a five minute drive from downtown. The breakfast was better than average though the serving area was small. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well appointed although the TV was old and hard to see the picture. The bath was small but the shower very nice.The staff was knowledgable about the local area and helpful.

Room Tip: The hotel is three stories in front (street side) and two in back. I would recommend a room in the r...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Great location...just a couple blocks from entrance to Biltmore and a short cab ride into downtown Asheville (paid $8.75 each way on St. Patrick's day). Front desk staff was very helpful answering questions about area. Our room (#216) was very clean, bed was comfortable and shower was GREAT. Standard amenities, and usual tiny bath/toilet area, but overall very comfortable. There is a Texas steakhouse on other side of parking lot and a TFI Friday's across street and down a bit.
Will stay here again next visit if price is still as reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

In February there were thumbnail-size plant eating bugs that can fly into the rooms (which open to the outdoors) for the warmth. We had 3 the first night, and one each of the next 2 nights. (A shock the first night until the manager told us what they were - he came to the room when I called about bugs. We weren't the only ones who had the issue; he said they are common there and unavoidable.) The outdoor ice machines are turned off for the cold weather so had to walk up and down three flights of stairs to get ice from the indoor machine. Otherwise, the room was nice, the breakfast was fine (but hard to get to the food in the small area), and the location is very close to the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. There is a steakhouse restaurant right next door to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Just looking at the pics of the outside of the hotel it seemed like it would be a little iffy. I usually do not like rooms with the entrances outside.But the Hotel was very clean and seemed like it had recentally been updated. the rooms were very clean and the Hotel offers free breakfast. And the price was very affordable. Biltmore village was right around the corner. I will be staying here every time I vist Asheville from now on.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My husband and I stayed one night (Feb. 25, 2012) and I have to say, I don't have any complaints at all! Booked through Priceline @ $45.00 a night. Wasn't very happy at all with Priceline because they have this hotel listed as "Downtown" when in fact it's 3 miles from downtown, with traffic about a 10 minute drive. Knowing Asheville we decided with the price that we got the room we would make it work and I have to say I'm glad we did. The drive to town wasn't bad, was able to park in a parking garage so anyone looking to stay close to town this is a great hotel. Now for the review:

Check-In was good, room was available early which I was very happy for. There's a Texas Roadhouse right next to the hotel, which we ate at and it was yummy! The room was VERY clean and updated. I have stayed at another "Guesthouse Inn" and it wasn't anything like this hotel. I read a review which stated they had "bugs in their room" and I personally didn't see any bugs at all! We stayed in a room facing the road but that wasn't an issue. Only time I heard anything was when a police car went by. We did eat breakfast their as well, which was good. Had alot to choose from...... Waffels, eggs, biscuits n gravy, french toast stix, ceral etc....best part, it was FREE! :)

Long story short..... if you're looking for a CLEAN hotel, close to downtown and Biltmore House at a great rate then this is the hotel for you!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple