“Great Motel - Great Value”

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed 2 July 2014

On a recent trip to Asheville, 2 friends and I booked 2 rooms at Guesthouse Inn. We were a little leery as we much prefer hotels with interior corridors and from the pictures, it appeared it might be an older facility. We were most pleasantly surprised by what we found. It was immaculate, the entire hotel appeared to have had a recent renovation. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were attractively furnished and well equipped. Having the sink separate from the bathroom was helpful when 2 people are trying to get ready in the morning, and the water pressure in the shower was outstanding. The breakfast was good, but pretty typical with waffles, sausage and eggs as well as the standard items. I was actually shocked to see how reasonable the vending machine prices were. I think I paid 60 cents for a bag of chips! A bottle of Coke was $1.25, I think. I'm accustomed to hotels charging 2-3 times as much. The desk staff was outstanding. Chris in the evening was very knowledgable regarding local restaurants and was very friendly and helpful. Morning Chris was equally pleasant and professional. My friend had called the desk to report having difficulty with her remote. Someone was dispatched immediately to check it out. The next morning at checkout, Chris said " I see you had a problem with the remote last night. I apologize for the inconvenience...".
There are certainly more upscale and pricier places to stay in Asheville, but for comfort, convenience and price, this place is unbeatable. I still prefer an interior corridor, but Guesthouse will be my first choice if I return to Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank btlfan

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel was well located and provided us with a clean, comfortable place to stay. The hotel is conveniently located about 10 minutes outside of downtown Asheville. Chris at the front desk was especially friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sped123311
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on our first night visiting Asheville. We booked this hotel as an Express Deal on Priceline as we just wanted a place to stay for the night that was not outrageously priced. This hotel has no bells and whistles, but it was clean, comfortable, quiet and affordable, and all the workers were very nice. Breakfast was continental; it included biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles along with other normal breakfast items, except it had no fruit. :( The lot is really odd to park to drive around, but it was fine for one night. I would not have wanted this hotel for a week-long stay, but it is good if you are looking for a place to sleep for a night or two. It was also close to the Biltmore and Downtown, so it had good location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NiksPicks
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This motel is on the side of a main road, and I worried that it would be too noisy to sleep. Yes, the air conditioning was loud, but it usually is, even in expensive hotels. The motel was clean inside and out, great beds, furniture not worn. Hotels in Asheville are very expensive. Most motels are grouped together by the Interstate. This one is in an excellent location for sightseeing. We didn't eat the breakfast and I didn't have time to use the wi-fi, but the beds and the cleanliness impressed me.

Room Tip: We used a discounter and we given a room right off the road, but it was quiet at night. Not a highwa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda S
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Think twice before you stay here. Tim, the General Manager, has no idea what customer service is. After being blown off by the night desk help trying to resolve a broken TV (told he would try to fix in an hour), Tim mocked my problem and saw nothing wrong with staffs refusal to help. When asking if the GM would be back on Monday I was shocked to learn he was actually the GM. After walking to the front desk to find answers I was told I would be evicted if I continued to press the issue. Having spent a career in customer service I'm shocked to be treated like this. If you are looking for a relaxing place to stay, AVOID THIS ESTABLISHMENT.

Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank Etorrey766
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was a little worried after reading the reviews! However, we were pleasantly surprised when we got there. I'm not sure why people didn't like this place. The rooms are very nice. We had two queens beds, even though we only needed one. I agree that the shower is a little small but it's adequate. There is a sign up at the front desk about charging $50 to your card for incidentals. Although it will be taken off after your departure, I do disagree with this charge and the fact that they do not verbally tell you. This would not keep me from staying there again though.

It's a very short drive to downtown Asheville and literally less than a half mile from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. It's also right off of the interstate. It's such a convenient location.

We didn't eat the complimentary breakfast so I can't tell you about that. We got this hotel off of priceline in an express deal for only $51! Quite a deal! We were very happy with this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runner1975
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife booked this motel, and she did it with some trepidation because the price was so low; could the accommodations be any good at the price? If you want to hang around the grounds, this is not the place to do it. It's a very basic and generic motel, but if you want a place to return to after a day of sightseeing ( and dining! Asheville has a remarkable number of restaurants for its size) you can really save some money by staying here. Our room wasn't at all memorable, but it was clean and it had everything we needed except for good lighting. It also lacked an up-to-date television, but I didn't want to watch TV anyway. Wi-Fi service was free.
There's also a free breakfast. It's not a lavish spread, and it doesn't change much from day to day, but the food appears to be good quality and the dining area is clean and well maintained.
There are a few drawbacks. The motel is considerably more weathered than it was when someone took the official photo, and when we were there the swimming pool was closed. You reach the parking lot by going up the driveway of a very popular restaurant, and you have to go up a very steep ramp. The driveway lets you out onto a busy highway. We didn't have any problems or close calls, but it isn't for the faint of heart. And when you do get onto the highway, you're very close to the Biltmore estate and its village. It's also a short run into town, and you can buy yourselves some very interesting meals with the money you save by staying at the GuestHouse.

Room Tip: If you're afraid of traffic noise, try to get a room facing away from the road. We had a room o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple