“reasonalbe hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
naples
“reasonalbe hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed for sever days this August. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are nice, but they do have outside doors. On the recomendation of other Trip advisor posters we requested the back side of the hotel, and it is very quiet. The Air conditioning system seemed to be a problem in our room, but the desk staff was more than happy to switch us to another room. the continental breakfast is alittle cramped when the lobby is full.

If I have a complain/suggestion, it is that i like coffee before 6:30, but it is impossible to get since the front door is locked. maybe they could have a coffee pot next to the front door for those of us early risers.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel if you want it alittle more quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Jacksonville, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I usually stay at Hiltons or Marriotts. This is not one of those hotels. I saved a few bucks by staying here, but it's not that nice. The room has a vintage Zenith TV in it. Our room faced the main road and it was very loud. It is clean, and I hate to rate it as poor, but I wouldn't call it average, so that's where it falls. If all you are looking for is a clean room with a comfortable bed, they have it. If you want interior doors, a more modern look, nice bedding, etc, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the back side if I stayed here again.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheBigD2014

Travellers are raving about these Asheville hotels

Dalton, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel for Independence Day weekend through Hotwire.com. It's holiday rate was about 1/2 of other area hotels, so we felt like we were getting a good deal.

The hotel is located very near Baltimore Village. Which gave us good access to many of our early trip activities. At the same time, Asheville is small enough that downtime was just a short drive away.

The rooms were clean, came with a large mini-fridge, and even though the doors are exterior doors, it wasn't especially noisy. The complementary breakfast was adequate, neither better nor worse than similar breakfasts.

It is an older hotel, but it was clean, relatively quiet, and had free Wi-Fi. For what we paid, I feel it was a good value.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ringgold, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

This was a spur of the moment trip to visit Biltmore. We were in Knoxville,TN for a wedding and decided to take my mom to see Biltmore. We called at the last minute and got a decent rate. The room was very clean and I have to say I was impressed considering it was an outdoor entry room. We got a room with two beds. The water pressure is something I am always worried about when staying at a hotel and it was perfect! My friend and I went down to the lobby for our free continental breakfast the next morning. There was a lot to choose from, waffles, pastries, cereals, muffins, biscuit and gravy, and eggs. We had a good stay and a great night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
New York City area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've stayed here a couple times via certain "discount" travel sites. First time (May 2014) it was very satisfactory, clean comfy rooms, easy location etc. The 2nd time (July 2014) and since I was arriving late I called a couple times to make them aware. Arrived at 1AM and was told my room was "upgraded to a king". Now, this is certainly not an upgrade, obviously there was a room change and obviously I was the last person to check in that night as there were no other rooms available. It was room 102 and it was quite the musty and damp smelling room. (Stay away from that room). I voiced my complaint only to be told that there were no other rooms period (I was staying there for 4 nights). Spoke with manager the next day and she kindly moved me to another much better smelling room. However gave the same musty room to my sister who also said that it was smelly and musty and was given another room as well. For some reason also, our clothes tended to be damp feeling possibly due to the exterior entrances for the room. Or there's something going on with that side of the building (we were in room 204 the final 3 nights). Pool was refreshing for the hot days. If you get a nicely discounted rate, there's really nothing wrong with this place. We did not have the free breakfast, but it's your basic waffle, yogurt, bread display. Again, beware room 102!

Room Tip: Request a room in the back, although it's really not that noisey at night. Stay away from rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mak136
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

We got a great deal to stay here- $61/night booked through Hotwire. Otherwise we would never have stayed here. There were outside corridors and we had a knock on our door at 3 am causing me much anxiety. All ended well but so did my sleep for the rest of that night.

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brickchick16
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

When I needed a room for one night in Asheville, my usual standbys like Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn were more expensive than I wanted to pay. I went to priceline which had a name your own price offer for a 2.5 star hotel, and the examples given were HI Express and that class. I bid $85 which was about half the going rate at that time. I was surprised when I was assigned the Guesthouse Inn because I was expecting one of the chains. I was a bit worried when I read the reviews here, but as I had already paid for it, I just went ahead. When we drove up to it, and yes the driveway is steep but not really a big deal if cars aren't coming down at the same time, some of the doors of the rooms are missing paint and made the place shabby. At check in we were greeted by the infamous Tim, who could not have been nicer or more eager to please and helpful. There is a sign about the deposit, but really this is no different than any other hotel I have ever stayed at. They all want a credit card on file in case you trash the place. There is a paper to sign and initial about the no pets no smoking policy, again, not much different than most hotels. We had a corner room in the back of the hotel. It was clean, average roominess, and smelled fine if a bit perfume-y. The beds were fine and average hardness. TV was old CRT style but so what, all the channels came in fine. The breakfast was again average for that class, nothing special but fine. The orange juice was terrible but I attribute that to the local tap water which I did not care for.
All in all if I needed a cheap room in Asheville I would use Priceline again. If I had to pay the going rate I would choose a chain brand of this class mostly because I like the bedding better at the others.
Oh, and if you want Chinese food delivery China Buffet was delicious (although it took an hour to get it).

Also as others have said its a short drive to Biltmore Village and Biltmore.

Room Tip: Ask for the back. No elevator if that's an issue for you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family