“Only place we'll stay!”
Review of 27 Blake Street

We can't find prices for this accommodation
27 Blake Street
“Only place we'll stay!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed for two nights over New Years. We came for the breweries and concerts and got so much more! What a wonderful experience. The room was cozy and clean with everything we needed. Carolyn helped us find great groceries, wonderful restaurants, amazing shops, and was helpful in every way. We were able to walk everywhere from our room. The car was not needed during our stay!
After our stay, Carolyn contacted me to let me know I had left an earring and that she was mailing it back to me! We can't wait to go back to Asheville in warmer weather to enjoy her beautiful gardens and wrap around porch. We won't be staying anywhere else. Thank you Carolyn for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Janimal44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here a couple nights in February and it is an awesome place! Very quaint and convenient. 5 minute walk to downtown and very easily accessible by car to get there. Great owner and host as well!

Room Tip: oops, there isn't really a fitness center but I clicked too quickly then couldn't revise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Really extraordinary value. A nice, quiet, convenient location. A very nice room, good internet connection, good basic cable, very comfy bed. Easy parking on street outside. Owner very helpful. Very good price - paid double or more on this trip for this quality in other locations.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After conducting extensive research into locations to stay in Asheville, I chose to stay at 27 Blake. The price was far more reasonable than any alternative boarding options. My plan had been to stay at a B&B. 27 Blake did not offer a breakfast service, but the room did have a coffee maker with complimentary Dunkin' Donuts coffee (nice touch). The location provided a central location to walk to all of the breakfast places you could want to try out. I was looking for a bed and breakfast initially, but I am quite glad that I chose to stay at 27 Blake. My girlfriend had forgotten her running tights when we departed, but Carolyn promptly contacted us and shipped them to us at her own expense. I am not an avid TA reviewer, but I specially created an account to inform people of my outstanding experience with this pleasant house and her owner. Thank you Carolyn and I would love to stay at 27 Blake again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The Tripadvisor reviews encouraged me to stay at Carolyn Spain's beautiful Victorian home in a quaint neighborhood. The first floor room with separate entrance and bath was perfect for our two night stay in Asheville. Coffee maker in the room made starting the day easy. Short walk across the expressway to the downtown area where we had an excellent dinner at Tupelo Honey Cafe or a short drive to Biltmore, where we splurged on the breakfast buffet before touring the mansion. Also had a really good dinner within an easy walk at 12 Bones. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: There's only one room to choose from.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have visited 27 Blake St. on two occasions and would not stay anywhere else. This is a unique place to stay with many advantages. Carolyn, the owner is super accommodating, the setting makes you feel like a local with the advantages of being able to walk to downtown, local restaurants, every amenity you need is close by. A very comfortable room, bathroom and porch sitting area with a private entrance. We feel very lucky to have found this gem.

1 Thank Miles1920
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

27 Blake Street is the perfect getaway spot. The gardens and yard were beautiful and peaceful. We very much enjoyed sitting on the porch enjoying coffee or a cool drink listening to the birds and crickets.

Carolyn is a terrific hostess. The room is extremely clean and comfortable. It is decorated in a style that goes with the house. She provided coffee, sugar and milk for mornings. There is a refrigerator for other food and beverages. She has local maps and pamphlets if you are looking for something to do. She anticipated needs from forgotten sunscreen to the need for a corkscrew and provided them in the room.

She is a native of Asheville and full of information that she readily shares from where to walk in the mornings to what restaurants might suit your tastes. She is great with directions on getting around as well. She has a keen sense of being available to you and giving you your privacy.

It is located in a neighborhood a few blocks from downtown which was very convenient to downtown and the interstate.

While this is listed as a B&B, I found it better. The room was much cleaner than B&B's we've stayed at in the past. We could tell Carolyn took personal pride in keeping it that way. There were no "rules" to speak of and we did not have to talk to other guests that we may or may not have wanted to talk to and were free to come and go as we pleased.

I highly recommend this property for an Asheville getaway.