“Second Christmas in Nashville! Five Star by far!”
other travellers have booked this property
Newly renovated kitchen with everything to cook a local meal
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Newly renovated kitchen with everything to cook a local meal
Front with big windows and mountain views
Master Bedroom
Wood deck off Den and Second Bedroom
Great Sunset's
Trail riding available with HNGF
Scenic Neighbors
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
marionhel...
New Port Richey, Florida
“Second Christmas in Nashville! Five Star by far!”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Our second visit to this beautifully decorated clean and comfortable newly renovated home, exceeded our expectations once again. From the thoughtful touches of Christmas throughout, to the great customer service, this definitely was not a been there done that experience. Looking forward to returning to this beautiful area a third time. Thank you to the Peterson for their courteous, personal service.

This is by far a five-star!

The Helphrey Family
New Port Richey, Fl

Brenda R
Bethesda, Maryland
“Perfect place for a family or two couples”
Reviewed 27 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017
person found this review helpful

This house is fabulous if you are staying in the Asheville area. It would be perfect for a family or two couples. The house is spacious and well appointed. The kitchen is fully equipped with good appliances, and has everything you need for family meals.
It even has some spices. There are two patios overlooking the mountains which offer spectacular views of sunset and sunrise. We would happily stay there again if we are back in the area.

jfgaff
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Family Road Trip”
Reviewed 16 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

What a fantastic base while exploring Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountain region. The cottage was impeccable and provided all of the amenities one might need. The home is super comfortable, beautifully decorated, and offered majestic views. We appreciated the convenience to Downtown Asheville, The Biltmore, The Blue Ridge Parkway, and Chimney Rock/Lake Lure. But most of all we enjoyed relaxing, cooking, and appreciating nature at Hickory Hollow.

Thank you to our hosts for your hospitality!

27 Nov 2017
So happy you got a great feel for the area. The cottage is a perfect jumping off point for lots of adventures in Asheville and the surrounding area. We hope you can return in 2018. Best, April
Anthony M
“Excellent accommodations!”
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

It is rare that reality exceeds expectations but this rental has it all! Comfy furniture great views

27 Nov 2017
I'm so happy you had a great time. My goal is to always strive to exceed expectations!! We hope you can return in 2018. April
Barry S
“This place is amazing!”
Reviewed 1 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Even better than advertised! We spent our evenings and mornings on the mountain view porch sipping coffee. It was a very relaxing weekend! Thank you April!

Your age range 50-64
27 Nov 2017
I'm so glad we exceeded your expectations!!Hope you can come back for a longer stay in 2018. Best, April
jlg14406
“Perfect Dream Home Retreat”
Reviewed 1 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

Short Version: I had high expectations for my stay and they were all surpassed. The cottage is very well appointed with everything you’d need to be comfortable and more. And then there’s the view – AMAZING!! My relaxing stay was worth every penny, and I’m hoping I can make it back there sooner than later. If I lived about four hours closer, they’d be sick of me!

Not So Short Version: For others like me who appreciate the details… I turned 40 two days before I arrived and this was my present to myself. The booking was meant to be a celebration with some friends who ended up not being able to make it, so this is written from a single female perspective. Totally worth going alone – in fact, I think I enjoyed it more that way!

The cottage is compact, but still spacious with killer views from every angle out of the huge picture windows. It was easy to find from the interstate and very accessible from a good mountain road. It’s a climb, but it’s not overly winding and is paved almost the entire way. There are neighbors nearby, so it wasn’t creepily isolated, but still very private and quiet.

It’s also convenient to Asheville and a Blue Ridge Parkway entrance as well as Chimney Rock and Lake Lure (though that direction of 74 has a few twisty parts where this Illinois driver did not feel comfortable going the speed limit, much to the dismay of the tailgating local behind her). Fairview also has everything you’d need if you don’t want to venture too far from the cottage.

It’s well stocked with books about the area – history, flora, fauna, attractions, etc. – to help you plan your time (when you can tear yourself away from the cottage, that is). In general, this place is a book lover’s dream. Plenty of best sellers on the shelves to choose from and many, many comfy places to curl up. If only the weather was a bit more like late September so I could take advantage of the fireplace! It’s also well stocked with thoughtful touches like night lights in the bathrooms, kitchen essentials, flashlights, etc. I even noticed coolers in a closet when I was looking for a fly swatter (which, of course, I found).

While the western view was most impressive, especially at sunset, I was highly entertained by the industrious squirrels harvesting all the hickory nuts on the eastern side. Speaking of those hickory nuts, this city girl took a while to realize I wasn’t being invaded – the loud booms I kept hearing were the hickories hitting the roof. Once I figured that out, I was able to stop jumping out of my skin and relax completely. 

Some tips: 1) You don’t need to bring or buy water and ice. The fridge has a filtered dispenser, and I thought it tasted great. 2) If you’re particular about pillows, I’d recommend you do bring yours. The ones in the master were pretty flat, IMO. 3) Check out the farm store at Hickory Nut Gap Farm. I didn’t buy much because it was just me for too short a time, but everything looked incredibly tasty. 4) Plan to spend a lot of your time on the terraces. I wasn’t able to because I was an all-you-can-eat buffet for some mosquitos the night before I arrived and had a bad allergic reaction – didn’t want to risk more bites, so I kept inside for the most part. It was a bummer because they’re both fantastic. Made me appreciate the picture windows all the more, though!

27 Nov 2017
I'm so glad you had a great trip. the cottage is a perfect jumping off point to head out and have tons of adventures. I hope you come back soon to check out more in the Asheville area. Best, April
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Your age range 50-64
3 Apr 2017
Watching the pack of wild turkeys from the terrace is a fun relaxing activity. Glad you got to enjoy the wild birds! The long range views cant be beat!! Hope you get to come back and enjoy the cottage in another season. Best, April
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing