“Yummy and charming !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stone House Market - CLOSED

Stone House Market
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Mars Hill, North Carolina
“Yummy and charming !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

This is now our new favorite restaurant in Asheville. The food is excellent with lovely presentation and there is plenty of it. I don't think anyone could go away hungry. Please note that everything is prepared to order so it is not of the fast food variety. Plan on spending some time and enjoying the atmosphere and make a trip to the rest room whether you need to or not. ( We all need to wash our hands, right ?) You will see why when you get there. Bon Appetit !!!!

Melbourne, Florida
“Good things come in small packages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Since we're from Florida, we're always a bit wary about ordering seafood anywhere else. The Stone House Market proves that in the right hands, you can get good seafood just about anywhere.

If seafood is not your thing, they have other options, including dishes with house-made sausage.

It's a small and cozy place - the building used to be an old gas station - with 4-5 tables in the building, and then another half a dozen or so in the enclosed porch. The menu is small and eclectic... it changes regularly and fits on a classroom-sized chalk board in the dining room, and everyone in our group was very happy with their meal.

This is a very nice option for anyone looking for good food off the beaten path.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jessuf
Beaufort, SC
“Fabulous Dinner and Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time this evening when visiting this restaurant. The chef's wife was so lovely and welcoming and she was very pleasant the whole night helping serve our meal. My husband had the sirloin steak which he said was delicious and I had the lamb loin with cherries and also a mint pesto . I can honestly say it was one of the very best dishes I have ever had. Everyone in the restaurant was having so much fun and there was friendly banter between the guest at the other tables. We are moving to Asheville and we just know this is going to be one of our favorite place to eat. Great job chef!!

Asheville
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were excited to try Stone House after hearing many good things about it. Ultimately though it comes down to food and service and both were lacking here. We spent a full two hours here for dinner and that was time for an entree only (and the salad that comes before it). This with only 5 tables full. The food was certainly not bad but it also wasn't memorable. I had a cornish hen which was well cooked but it had been advertised as being in a Thai sauce with tomato, ginger and coconut cream. There was no trace of ginger or of coconut in the sauce. We may return a second time simply because it is so close to us, and perhaps we hit an off night but it would have to improve substantially.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dbaaronson
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

My husband and I returned to Stone House Market again this year while in Asheville. The food was excellent as in the past. The menu changes weekly based on local availability. We anxiously anticipated what would be on their chalkboard menu posting prior to arrival. My husband had crab ravioli which was excellent based on his empty plate. I had their grilled chicken breast with lemon fennel sauce with homemade noodles which was excellent as well. They seem to have some version on chicken with noodles each time we have gone. As previously stated in the majority of the reviews relax and enjoy your dinner. It may take 2 plus hours to eat since everything is made to order. The wine selection is very limited with only a couple of reds and whites to chose from. If you are very picky on what you drink I would suggest bringing a bottle of your favorite and have them uncork for you. The restaurant is off the beaten path only 4 or 5 mile from downtown. I highly suggest trying for yourself.

1 Thank Dez29