“Premium attention to detail.”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Bloomfield, Indiana
“Premium attention to detail.”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We stayed at the Matterhorn chalet with our pet and we had a beautiful view of the mountains and had a lovely and very comfortable stay. Judy (the owner ) provided us with fresh baked cookies and 2 kinds of coffee beans (and grinder) and a wonderful candy dish filled with M&M's, and as if this was'nt enough attention to detail, as we were just arriving to the chalet, she had come by just so she could put 2 lovely overstuffed decorater pillows on the front porch chairs so that we would be extra comfortable while watching the sunrise and sunsets.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We loved staying in Little Zurich! It was comfortable, relaxing and fully stocked with everything we needed. The chalets are secluded and private and very close to everything we wanted to do - shopping, restaurants, etc. We will definitely be back and recommend it to friends!

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Alpine Swiss Chalet for our honeymoon for one week. I must say that we both found it incredibly thoughtfully prepared, down to the finest detail. The owner is obviously obsessed with detail and the staff who prepared the chalet did an impeccable job. Every need was anticipated and met! There were fresh coffee beans in the fridge. Cookies on the table and M&Ms in a dish in the living room.

All the obvious amenities were present as well: cable tv, wifi, an ipod docking stereo system, an iron, etc. Literally everything we might have needed was there except for maybe some beer in the fridge.

We loved our stay and it was quite pleasant to wake up with the birds chirping each morning. We also had bunches of fun watching a squirrel visit us each morning for nuts we left out.

The location was a great concern to me at first, as I had wanted something far away from everything in the mountains for our honeymoon getaway. Let me just say that this chalet is two minutes from downtown Asheville yet you feel like you're away from everything. You could still hear the traffic if you listened closely enough but all-in-all the location was a perfect combo of being away and "in the middle of nowhere" to actually being conveniently located close enough to town to not dread a drive to a restaurant or whatever. I would caution folks who may be timid of steep, narrow, twisty roads as the road to our chalet was all of the above. I can imagine in the winter one may be forced to park and walk up the road for a bit and this could be considered a negative depending on your personality type. Personally I loved the twisty road I had to travel to get to our destination, it made it that much more unique!

I will wrap this up by stating that we could not have been happier with our stay and I think that anyone would be happy to visit the Swiss Chalets for a brief or extended stay.

Stony Point, New York
Reviewed 2 March 2011

After having stayed in the cookie cutter Hotels and Motels that you find everywhere these days, I took a chance on this great find. I felt completely at ease at once , As advertised it was minutes from town and close to the other things we enjoy such as walking in the woods and bicycling.. Knowing that we could come back to the cottage and prepare some meals was a real plus for us. We are looking foward to our next visit.
Henry K
New York

Redmond, Oregon
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I can’t tell you what a delight the chalet was for us! We missed a whole night due to flight delays and I was horribly sick by the time we arrived. But the brightest spot in our stay was our homey and affordable chalet. You really rock, Ladies! I’ve stayed in a few places like this, and yours is the very best because of the attention to detail and comfort you obviously pay. I just want you to know that you made a big difference in my life at a time when I’ve been so ill so long that not much in this world can cheer me up. But you did! The cookies delighted us and I was sad to be too sick to come find your bakery. In fact, we did no visiting anywhere at all. But having an extra day to stay and gather thoughts and rest was really important, and your suggestion to stay that extra day was a blessing from God.

Thank you, your whole team, for the lovely time.

Raleigh
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Very close to all amenities but still secluded enough to feel like you are miles away!
Definitely a great little spot for a mini vacation, very clean and fully stocked with everything you could need. We were within 10mins of the Biltmore House and downtown Asheville. A great place to bring your pets if you like to travel with them! Would definitely recommend and already have to several friends, hope to get back to visit soon and plan on making the Swiss Chalets our regular spot to stay in Asheville :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sed0006
Palm Coast, FL
Reviewed 23 January 2011

We stayed at the Swiss Chalets for a trip that was both for business and pleasure. We were welcomed by a warm (it was 17 outside!) and lovely little home. We had chosen the Alpine chalet and it was perfect for us--me, my husband and our black lab. The one thing that really struck me was the lack of evidence that any other animal had ever stayed here. It was spotless! And there was every amenity you would find in a 4 star hotel. The setting is lovely--you can watch the sun come up over the mountains in the morning. And the location is great--right between the old part of town (Biltmore Village) and the city of Asheville. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay, and we'll be back the next time we are in town

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business