“Home sweet home... only better!”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Orlando, Florida
“Home sweet home... only better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at the Asheville Swiss Chalets for a long weekend in the end of October 2011. I was in Lower Berne, with a lovely screened porch and woodsy view. It was my first time staying here and I loved it. It was like house sitting for a very clean friend who happened to bake before they left (Judy's cookies are delicious). The bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had on a vacation (I would put it right up there with the Westin Heavenly Beds). The location was fantastic. It is just a few minutes to downtown Asheville and major highways. There was a tv in every room, and the iPod docking station / cd player was nice. The kitchen was well stocked. They thought of everything - from pots and pans to bakeware, from dishes and cutlery to condiments and spices. There was even a jar of coffee beans in the fridge, and a coffee grinder to brew really fresh coffee. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. The bath robes were a nice touch, too. My only complaint is that the people upstairs were kind of loud (I could hear their conversations, TV, exercising, etc). But other than that, I highly recommend Asheville Swiss Chalets, and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SadieKatiesMom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

My hubby and I (and our dog) stayed in the Alpine for 3 nights in November. This was our dogs first vacation and he LOVED it. We loved having the dog run right outside the door. The cabin was perfect...everything you could think of was there, super close to town, etc. We will for sure be back!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank strawberrysh
Dothan,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

We made our first trip to North Carolina and Asheville Nov. 2011, rented a chalet and visited the Biltmore for Christmas. The ladies were so nice and helpful, even solving our problem. Our maltese enjoyed the chalet as well, every detail for her was thoughtfully included. The cookies an extra treat. the cabin was clean, well stocked and furnished. The location was as written, just not for me. Thank you. Happy Holidays

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wiregrass1300
Berg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

As an American living the last 20 years in Germany, I have to to say the Chalets were the perfect place for me to stay and get my feet wet again in U.S. Culture. A lovely protected spot so close the city, yet nestled in the clouds above all. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
South Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the chalets! Our friends and family rented out the entire community for our wedding weekend and we all had a BLAST! Judy, Celeste and Eric were so accommodating, and they thought of everything :-) If you are looking to be 100% secluded, these cabins are not completely private from each other, but you absolutely cannot beat the super convenient proximity to fabulous downtown Asheville!!! Highly recommend the Alpine chalet for a couple - we loved it!!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank PegasusSouthFlorida
SwissChalet12, Owner at Asheville Swiss Chalets, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Hi Jennifer and Jacob,
It was so wonderful having your whole family here to celebrate your wedding and was fun to meet some of you. We hope you'll return to celebrate your anniversary next year and happy all went so well. Thank you for your review.
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We were all smiles as we entered the Lucerne Chalet after many days of travel. Knowing this would be "home" for 5 nights was heaven! There wasn't anything lacking in the chalet, all comforts were thought of and much appreciated. We even found a trail that led us to the other side of the ridge with views of downtown Asheville. I'm so glad I found the link on tripadvisor to this unique and well-priced accommodation that even included a laundry room. My only complaint was that the weather was a bit too cool for much time in the wicker rocker on the porch.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We are happy you enjoyed your home away from home and appreciate your taking the time to post a review online. We hope you'll visit again soon.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2011

This wonderful little cottage nestled in the hills overlooking Asheville made for a very relaxing way to enjoy this terrific city. The cottage is equipped with everything to make you feel immediately at home--coffee beans, sugar, lovely cooking utensils--even a selection of fantastic gourmet cookies. The decor is cozy and welcoming-easy to spend all your time here in spite of all the attractions nearby. My husband and I spent 4 nights here with our 2 medium sized dogs-and all of us thoroughly enjoyed it. All in all, a delightful get away very conveniently located. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family