“The Best Chalet in Asheville!”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Los Angeles, California, United States
“The Best Chalet in Asheville!”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My friend's sister and I stayed at the Chalet for a week this fall and had a really great time. I was there for my best friend's wedding. She is the executive chef at the Wellbread Bakery in Weaverville ( you must vist there and have one of their giant eclairs!!!!

Staying at the Chalet really was like being home... but way better. Every little detail was thought of. It was clean and light filled which is really important to me. There was space for me to set up my computer and work when I needed to. I had time to relax on the deck looking out at the beautiful sea of fall colors. And... I slept so well there. :)

It's also a hop away from the center of Asheville and there is a grocery store close by which is great if you like to cook like I do. The kitchen had all kinds of things to make a great meal. When you're traveling and you have to buy all those little things, like pepper and olive oil to make a meal... but you forget... well not to worry, It's all in the cupboard. I LOVE THAT!

All the girls gathered at the Chalet to get ready for the wedding which I photographed. We had plenty of space for our little group to prep and sip champagne. (http://www.aureliadamore.com) the images won't be on my site until late December 2011.

I love Asheville, I've bee there 6 times and can't wait to go back. I was also there to shoot another wedding in Waynesville

ps... check out Navitat http://www.navitat.com/ for an amazing experience ziplineing. The hotsprings http://www.nchotsprings.com/ were pretty great too, but I wouldn't suggest staying out there as it's a really sleepy town. All the good eats are in Asheville.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aurelia D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Eastport, Maine
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I spent four nights at the Swiss Chalets in Nov. 2011. We stayed in the Upper Berne. I don't think we'd have been more comfortable anywhere else. Everything we needed, from cookware to laundry machines were provided. The beds were comfortable as was the furniture. It was quiet and gave a feeling of privacy, while downtown was only a couple of minutes away. I have no trouble giving the Chalets a high recommendation. When we return to Asheville, we'll be hoping to stay at the Swiss Chalets again.

1 Thank 40622John
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at the Asheville Swiss Chalets for a long weekend in the end of October 2011. I was in Lower Berne, with a lovely screened porch and woodsy view. It was my first time staying here and I loved it. It was like house sitting for a very clean friend who happened to bake before they left (Judy's cookies are delicious). The bed is probably one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had on a vacation (I would put it right up there with the Westin Heavenly Beds). The location was fantastic. It is just a few minutes to downtown Asheville and major highways. There was a tv in every room, and the iPod docking station / cd player was nice. The kitchen was well stocked. They thought of everything - from pots and pans to bakeware, from dishes and cutlery to condiments and spices. There was even a jar of coffee beans in the fridge, and a coffee grinder to brew really fresh coffee. The bathroom was very clean and well stocked. The bath robes were a nice touch, too. My only complaint is that the people upstairs were kind of loud (I could hear their conversations, TV, exercising, etc). But other than that, I highly recommend Asheville Swiss Chalets, and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SadieKatiesMom
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 24 November 2011

My hubby and I (and our dog) stayed in the Alpine for 3 nights in November. This was our dogs first vacation and he LOVED it. We loved having the dog run right outside the door. The cabin was perfect...everything you could think of was there, super close to town, etc. We will for sure be back!

1 Thank strawberrysh
Dothan,
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We made our first trip to North Carolina and Asheville Nov. 2011, rented a chalet and visited the Biltmore for Christmas. The ladies were so nice and helpful, even solving our problem. Our maltese enjoyed the chalet as well, every detail for her was thoughtfully included. The cookies an extra treat. the cabin was clean, well stocked and furnished. The location was as written, just not for me. Thank you. Happy Holidays

1 Thank wiregrass1300
Berg, Germany
Reviewed 14 November 2011

As an American living the last 20 years in Germany, I have to to say the Chalets were the perfect place for me to stay and get my feet wet again in U.S. Culture. A lovely protected spot so close the city, yet nestled in the clouds above all. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
South Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had a wonderful stay at the chalets! Our friends and family rented out the entire community for our wedding weekend and we all had a BLAST! Judy, Celeste and Eric were so accommodating, and they thought of everything :-) If you are looking to be 100% secluded, these cabins are not completely private from each other, but you absolutely cannot beat the super convenient proximity to fabulous downtown Asheville!!! Highly recommend the Alpine chalet for a couple - we loved it!!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank PegasusSouthFlorida
SwissChalet12, Owner at Asheville Swiss Chalets, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Hi Jennifer and Jacob,
It was so wonderful having your whole family here to celebrate your wedding and was fun to meet some of you. We hope you'll return to celebrate your anniversary next year and happy all went so well. Thank you for your review.