“Great location and amenities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Asheville Swiss Chalets
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband, son, two 70 lb dogs and I just spent a quick two night stay and loved it. We stayed in Zurich, that was right next to the dog park (big plus in cold weather). We had plenty of room in the cabin and enjoyed the perks like fresh cookies, coffee beans waiting in the fridge, filled candy dishes, and covers for the couch so the pups could feel at home without messing things up. My aunt and uncle live in a small condo in downtown Asheville and we could be at their door in 5 minutes. The only drawback was that we were there in some sketchy weather which made driving a bit challenging. But otherwise, as my son says, we can't wait to go back in warmer weather!

Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying in the Alpine chalet for Christmas. It was extremely comfortable and the owners thought of every little detail, from notes telling us how to use the appliances to fully stocked spice cabinets to a decorated Christmas tree. We chose to stay here because it was dog-friendly and we wanted to bring our German Shepherd. She loved having her own fenced-in deck and small yard to explore and we loved not having to take her out late at night in the cold. What we didn't realize until we arrived was that the chalets are located on the side of a mountain, with gorgeous views of Asheville. Inside the chalet, it feels like you're removed from the city, but restaurants and grocery stores are less than 5 minutes away. Everything was within a very short drive - from the Biltmore estate to Black Mountain.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had one week to drive from Northern Jersey to Asheville to find a rental home. My first thought when I entered my chalet (alpine) was that this would be a perfect long-term rental for me & my corgi!!

While this trip could have been very stress filled, it turned into a very comfortable & relaxing short vacation. There were Christmas lights, a wreath, homemade cookies, candy & even a little decorated tree.....to be honest I was dreading going home to the Christmas frazzle. Instead this was my Christmas gift to myself. I leave tomorrow & hope I can carry home the peace I found in the Alpine Swiss Chalet in Asheville.

Also found a great rental

Room Tip: The little side yard for the dog that attached to the wrap around porch was perfect. She was very ha...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Colleen T
Reviewed 25 November 2013

These little houses are on a little hilltop about 5 min. from everything in wonderful downtown Asheville. They are nicely done, very clean and cozy, have fenced yards and feel like they are out in the woods. They have very nice porches to sit out on and have everything one could want in a place to stay with (or without) your pets.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank VISJacksonvilleFL
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My Husband Paul and I stayed (with our two Scottish Terriers) for the 3rd time and really enjoyed our visit. If you are looking for hospitality and a comfortable place for both people and pets, this is by far your best option. We will certainly be back!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovetoTravelSRQ
Reviewed 15 November 2013

So thankful we discovered Asheville Swiss Chalets! We go to Asheville annually, and have stayed at various hotels, lofts, VRBO's, etc. We will definitely be coming back to stay in one of the Asheville Swiss Chalets! The fact that we could bring our little quiet yorkie with us plus stay in luxurious accommodations in a gorgeous mountain setting, but still be ultra-close to town and everything else we need at our fingertips, was so mind-blowing! The owners and their nice staff pay close attention to all the wonderful and important details that the experienced traveler desires, and their kind, welcoming ways will enhance your stay even further. The owner's Well Bred Bakery is awesome, and worth the drive! We stayed in the Lower Berne, and look forward to trying some of the other units as well.

Top notch luxury in a mountain setting, pet friendly, prime location, reasonable rates, kind, detailed owners/staff. You really couldn't ask for more! We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A mountain chalet three minutes from downtown?! The total truth. We couldn't believe it!! Stayed in Upper Berne and it was excellent. Met every expectation and MORE. Throughout the booking process they are so professional and helpful. Unsurpassed in my experience. Cottage was so well appointed. It literally had everything we needed and more. It was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Beds were excellent. Really nice cookery made it a treat to stay in and BBQ. Grocery store just at the bottom of the mountain and very convenient. Sitting our our deck enjoying the peaceful surroundings with a glass of wine was really nice. We couldn't believe our good fortune to find this place. We would not hesitate to return and have already recommended it to friends. Only downside is that this cottage has a lower level and the guests beneath us went out all day and then again until the late hours and left two dogs unattended. They barked/cried most of the time. Thankfully, the cottage is surprisingly soundproof so it didn't impede sleep but was tiresome when we were sitting on the deck. Nothing that hosts can do about inconsiderate guests. That said, this place is a real find and provided a wonderful end to our holiday.

Room Tip: Upper Berne is very well appointed, comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends