“Fantastic place for a getaway”

Asheville Swiss Chalets
Amenia, New York
“Fantastic place for a getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My fiancee, australian cattle dog, and I spend the Thanksgiving holiday at the Swiss Chalets and could not have asked for a better place to stay. The chalet was beautiful and cozy, had everything we needed and our dog Cassidy was welcome. The Chalets are very close to downtown, but give you the opportunity to wind down away from the bustle of the city. We explored the mountains around Asheville, and the location was great for mountain adventures!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I cannot say enough about how pleased we have been every time we have stayed with Swiss Chalets. Judy and her staff go to great lengths to ensure that everything is just right. And the Location is Fabulous!! Minutes from everything that we love to do on our stay. Not to mention they welcome our furry family members with open arms (and treats)!!! :o)

Room Tip: If you have Pups The Beau and Beau Below are great options w/ fenced in yards.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Belleville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband, son, two 70 lb dogs and I just spent a quick two night stay and loved it. We stayed in Zurich, that was right next to the dog park (big plus in cold weather). We had plenty of room in the cabin and enjoyed the perks like fresh cookies, coffee beans waiting in the fridge, filled candy dishes, and covers for the couch so the pups could feel at home without messing things up. My aunt and uncle live in a small condo in downtown Asheville and we could be at their door in 5 minutes. The only drawback was that we were there in some sketchy weather which made driving a bit challenging. But otherwise, as my son says, we can't wait to go back in warmer weather!

Stayed January 2014
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had a wonderful experience staying in the Alpine chalet for Christmas. It was extremely comfortable and the owners thought of every little detail, from notes telling us how to use the appliances to fully stocked spice cabinets to a decorated Christmas tree. We chose to stay here because it was dog-friendly and we wanted to bring our German Shepherd. She loved having her own fenced-in deck and small yard to explore and we loved not having to take her out late at night in the cold. What we didn't realize until we arrived was that the chalets are located on the side of a mountain, with gorgeous views of Asheville. Inside the chalet, it feels like you're removed from the city, but restaurants and grocery stores are less than 5 minutes away. Everything was within a very short drive - from the Biltmore estate to Black Mountain.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had one week to drive from Northern Jersey to Asheville to find a rental home. My first thought when I entered my chalet (alpine) was that this would be a perfect long-term rental for me & my corgi!!

While this trip could have been very stress filled, it turned into a very comfortable & relaxing short vacation. There were Christmas lights, a wreath, homemade cookies, candy & even a little decorated tree.....to be honest I was dreading going home to the Christmas frazzle. Instead this was my Christmas gift to myself. I leave tomorrow & hope I can carry home the peace I found in the Alpine Swiss Chalet in Asheville.

Also found a great rental

Room Tip: The little side yard for the dog that attached to the wrap around porch was perfect. She was very ha...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Colleen T
Jacksonville FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

These little houses are on a little hilltop about 5 min. from everything in wonderful downtown Asheville. They are nicely done, very clean and cozy, have fenced yards and feel like they are out in the woods. They have very nice porches to sit out on and have everything one could want in a place to stay with (or without) your pets.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VISJacksonvilleFL
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My Husband Paul and I stayed (with our two Scottish Terriers) for the 3rd time and really enjoyed our visit. If you are looking for hospitality and a comfortable place for both people and pets, this is by far your best option. We will certainly be back!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple