“Great beer!”

Ranked #123 of 789 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Serving Asheville's most extensive selection of the finest beers... 36 Beers on tap, over 150 bottles.
Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Great beer!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had lunch on Sunday before our tour. Tasted great brews and I had the BLT with blue cheese coleslaw- my husband had the Brauts. We also went downstairs to have the Belgian's on tap. Great place.

Visited June 2014

Myrtle beach
“Super Cool Spot for Craft Beer”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I love the Thirsty Monk, and we try to go here every trip to Asheville. The main floor is my favorite floor, there are dozens of different craft beers to choose from. The basement is also very cool, the basement is for Belgium beers. My favorite part about drinking at the Monk is ordering flights of beer. This allows you to be adventurous and try lots of different styles of beer you might otherwise not order. The 'top of the monk' requires a separate entrance, and is meant to resemble a speak easy. At the top of the monk, when you order a drink, it comes with a key that opens a mailbox with an appetizer such as candied bacon, eggrolls, etc. The kitchen has amazing food. We've had lots of appetizers, pizzas, and dinners here, and all of the meals have been wonderful. My husband's personal favorite item is the novelty pint of bacon. Who can argue with that?
My only complaint about the Monk is that the place has taken on an air of snobbery. I hate being asked to wait outside a bar, when you can clearly see in and spot open seats. My sisters were able to walk in without their husbands, but when we all came together, the monk was 'at capacity.' I have never been to the top of the monk for that exact reason, but my husband raves about it.

• Visited June 2014
San Antonio, Florida
“Go For The Beer -- Eat Somewhere Else First”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a fun place somewhat reminiscent of a German beer hall, and that alone is worth going for. But seriously, don't go for the food -- with so many unique and excellent places to choose from in Asheville, the Thirsty Monk doesn't make the grade. I like the place just fine as a hangout with friends. But it's not a place for a meal.

• Visited May 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“great beer selection”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Awesome imported and American craft beer selection on tap. A little spendy. Friendly staff and customers.

Visited June 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Although Not A Brewery... Very Good Selection!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Probably the best selection I found in Asheville... with every style of beer represented on 3 levels of hops goodness! I started with a belgium flight of four that were all quite yummy (the bottom floor is all belgium styles) and finished with a glass of my first beligum white strawberry beir that was quite refreshing on a hot summers day! I was very impressed and will be back for more next time I am in town!

• Visited June 2014