“Dinner”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Biltmore Ave
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped in at Bistro after wine tour on The estate. The food was absolutely delicious. The staff was very personable and timely with the meals. The filet was absolutely divine.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Convenient walking distance from the Inn. Excellent food. Service was great too.on time reservation on a Friday night.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I think pretty hard before I put an 'average' score on a restaurant. In this case, The Bistro suffered from our experiences with Cedric's Tavern and The Dining Room, both of which had a certain level of 'shock and awe'. (Really ... the rather obligatory 'Bangers and Mash' at Cedric's surprised me enough to raise my expectations here.)

So ... what went wrong? Service was fine. Presentation - fine. But, The Wagyu Steak, which we expected to be something special was oddly flat tasting. It was carved in chunks and had a nice char, but it may be the first steak in my resent memory that begged for salt ... and I sheepishly gave in at some point. It seemed a bit tough. (??) It made me wonder if we actually got Wagyu Steak. My wife whispered about asking for steak sauce. (??) I couldn't go that far, but ... there we are.

I ordered trout, mostly because I've heard great things about the seafood/fish in Asheville. Again ... it was better than the steak, but something begged to be done. Citrus? Salt? What was I missing?

I chalked it up to too high an expectation, but the next night we got totally schooled by The Dining Room at The Inn. I realize it is the 'top-of-the-food-chain' here, but ... wow. The difference was not at all subtle.

My advise is to throw a few more dollars down and eat just a few dishes at the top of the hill.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All the Village restaurants are farm to table with local craft beer and Biltmore wines. The service is excellent and the food is very good. If you stay on the Estate, it couldn’t be easier.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The decor is handsome both inside and outside in this well run restaurant. Our server (Bree) was attentive even at a busy lunch time.