Bon Paul and Sharky's Hostel of Asheville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Sleep Inn West(Asheville)
View Hotel
All reviewsfriendly guestsoff street parkinga great place to staydowntownsheets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was amazing, I loved it, everyone was very welcoming and friendly and got along great. It's located just down the street from some great cafes and local shops, the area in general is charming and is great for a weekend getaway or for a week stay like I did. The hostel has free wifi and 2 computers for guest use, as well as a hot tub on the spacious back deck, a sweet front porch with a swing, and a great spot in the back for their fire pit. There's also 2 bathrooms so you usually don't have to wait long to get into one, if it's not already open. They also provide a breakfast with toast, jam, hard boiled eggs, bananas, and coffee! The only thing that could have used improvement for me is the beds, as they are a bit hard to sleep on, but overall it was great! I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

The first contact with BP&S is Jeremy's friendly and laid-back tour of the house. He certainly is a great asset to the place, and very knowledgeable about the area. The beds look (and feel!) like they've been built by a dedicated amateur carpenter who came across a supply of odd planks. The facilities are ageing but kept very clean, but two bathrooms for the house is not really enough. The wine shop opposite does wine and beer tastings, so go say hello to Barrett. We really enjoyed our time there. Oh, and did I mention the hot tub?

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at BP&S for a few days on our cross country trip and fell in love with it immediately. The people are awesome and there are many nice places to go within a short walking distance. Seriously, you can't go wrong with this place, give it a go.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My friend and I stayed here this past weekend and had a great time. We were initially looking at a different hostel but ended up booking Bon Paul and Sharky's due to the homey vibe we got on their website. This hostel is located in a lovely older home in a funky neighborhood. There are plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance which was a nice bonus. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. There is free WiFi in the hostel as well as two computers on the main floor. We stayed in a private room on the second floor. While this room could be noisy as it was next to the bathroom, it really wasn't an issue for us. The room had hardwoods, a TV with VCR and videos. There was a pleasant front porch and back deck. There was a pretty sweet hot tub on the back deck. Beer and wine are allowed in the hostel so it was very nice to have a glass of wine and relax in the hot tub on a chilly Asheville summer day. Guests are allowed to pick ripe vegetables in the garden and use the ktichen facilities. I would obviously recommend this hostel. I hope to be back soon!! Thanks Bon Paul and Sharky's!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I just went on a road trip through several southern states with several friends and Bon Paul and Sharky's Hostel was by far our favorite hostel! The staff (and other hostellers) were so friendly and warm, and the place was in a great location. I walked to Sunpoint restaurant for lunch, the Haywood farmer's market, did my laundry, and went to several great thrift stores and cafes in the area.

The place has a great front porch (with comfortable seating and fun people watching), lovely back porch and backyard (where you can camp, cheaper!) with a small garden and free parking. They have a well equipped (pots, pans, etc) and clean kitchen that they encourage you to use. Many yummy foods were baked while I was there. Sleeping was comfortable and quiet - though plenty of people hung out till all hours of the night downstairs, the rooms were peaceful and quiet.

Come here! You'll meet great people and you'll get to know a wonderful side of Asheville.

Room Tip: Call ahead!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends