“Great local brewery”

French Broad River Brewery
Ranked #85 of 196 things to do in Asheville
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you are like us we seek out tasty local craft beers when traveling. Asheville has it all, hard to narrow it down. French broad handsome great beers including IPA my favorite. Small, good bands and pretzels. Worth a taste or two.

All reviews
"fairview"
"bomber"
"home"

Reviewed 22 January 2013

Great selection, service and prices. Mon. special $2.50 pints.
You can buy a "flight" for $7 which gives you a descent sample of seven of there beers.

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

We have been here twice while visiting Asheville. Neat little place, kind of a hole in the wall. Good beer, reasonably priced. Nice picnic area in the summer, crowded and busy in the winter. No food, just beer.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

This was our first stop this trip to Asheville. They have a good selection of brews on tap, and you can buy growlers or 22 oz. bottles to go. I enjoyed the cask IPA this time around. The staff is friendly and outgoing. If you catch some live music while there, you are all the luckier!

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2012

French Broad is one of my favorite Asheville breweries and I enjoy all of their beers, but I have to admit, I dislike going to their brewery and haven't for some time--it is small and crowded. That being said, I would highly recommend going in the afternoon when it isn't so busy, or better yet, enjoy their beer in an outdoor bar/cafe/restaurant in Asheville.