“Eclectic hotel with the best of everything”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
“Eclectic hotel with the best of everything”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Great location and interesting "themed" hotel at the front gate of the Biltmore Estate !
Fascinating "Hunting Lodge" theme ! Truly authentic with the most modern of conveniences, An oasis in the midst of Biltmore Village. Walking distance to good restaurants, Country Kitchen is tops for breakfast and Starbucks is right across the street.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and it was a real treat to have a stand alone shower. I wouldn't hesitate encouraging anyone visiting Asheville to experience this outstanding hotel !! Pets are allowed, Request a pet free room !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gioia011
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville. We are thrilled to be ”an oasis in the midst of Biltmore Village”. We appreciate the recommendation and would love to welcome you again.

Guest Experiences Specialist

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My boyfriend and I come to Asheville about 5-6 times a year from Charlotte, and always do our best to stay at this hotel. This most recent visit was a surprise from my better half and I can't explain the excitement I had when he took the turn into the front drive and I found out this would be our hotel for our stay. This Kessler/Autograph hotel is in SUCH a wonderful location and the decor is truly unique but appropriate. We love the rich reds and rustic accents throughout the hotel and the service from the front desk and front drive are always warm, friendly and genuine...they truly make us feel welcome and appreciated.

This specific trip was the first time I have indulged in the spa, and I have to admit I was a little turned off by the size of the reception space, but the staff truly made up for it. I received a deep tissue massage and it was fantastic...a true testament that good things can come in small packages. Again, staff honestly does make or break the experience and the spa staff was first class...I've already started begging for another massage during our next trip down :)

Also, we took the liberty of dining during our visit and I have to admit, the restaurant has NEVER let us down. The food and service has always been amazing, and somehow we always seem to be seated at the same table each time we visit...it doesn't matter if it's breakfast or dinner, it's the same table haha...which is great because we love it! We were even lucky enough to stumble upon a piano player in the bar space on a Thursday night...if we lived here we would make that a permanent Thursday evening for the two of us...just all around a great night.

For those looking for a personal touch: My boyfriend not only surprised me with a stay at The Grand Bohemian and a spa visit, but he also coordinated champagne (mimosas) and a cheese platter on the top terrace while I waited for my spa treatment with one of my girlfriends! Men, if you have a wife or girlfriend and are looking for a little something special to do since the space doesn't have a lounge, I DEFINITELY recommend this wonderful idea! It's private and relaxing, and you are even lucky enough to have the eclectic music playing in the background while indulging before your treatment...even though you shouldn't really drink before or after getting a massage...but I loved the idea.

All around this hotel is truly one of our favorites and I would recommend it to everyone who is willing to spend a few extra dollars for a little bit of luxury...The Grand Bohemian is worth it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
We are so pleased you enjoyed your surprise visit to The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville and are always glad to welcome returning guests. We so appreciate your many positive comments regarding the hotel décor, spa and restaurant. We are thrilled we helped make this trip a special one and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Atlanta GA
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Folks, this hotel is located on three incredibly busy streets running right through the hotel "complex" (2 buildings). You are taking your life intoyour own hands crossing hendersonville rd in order to get to the "Manner". There is NO valet service at the "manor", therefore, you must cross Hendersonville Rd to reach your room or to get to the lobby of the hotel.

Just plug their hotel into google maps and see for yourself. It is right on Hendersonville rd. If they try to stick you i the "manor", stay at the Biltmore In located on 8,000 acres of land with quiet, seclusio, land all around you.

They claim 11 Boston Way. Don't be fooled, it is on Hendersonville Rd and that's like MLK in Atlanta. Very, very, busy. It is ridiculos that they treat their "manor" guests in this manner.

The train runs all day and is not more than 500 feet from the "manor". They blow their horn with each pass (day and night). It is not quaint and it is not secluded and it is not quiet.

The room is very well furnished, TV reception is OK at best. Bed if plush, bathroom is nice. the appointments and attention to detail in the room is very nice. You will like it. Just don't expect to see anything out the window other than cars sitting at the stop light.

If you are expecting a secluded, quiet, experience, this is NOT the hotel for that. We visited the Biltmore Inn, and that is 180 degrees different in terms of location.

We will stay at the Biltmore Inn next time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jimbobwe
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville. Please accept our sincere apology that you were disappointed with the location of the hotel. We are pleased you enjoyed our guest rooms though.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel as part of an anniversary trip. As I had never been to Biltmore Village, I thought it would be a nice place to stay. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, very masculine and lodge-like. The room was nice and the staff were nice. The Bose system with the jazz playing when we entered the room was an excellent touch, as was the champaigne reception when we arrived. The hotel is on the corner at an intersection. I didn't hear alot of street noice when the hotel was bustling along, but I heard the cars and stereos around 2:00 a.m. They were muted but if you're a light sleeper, you may request a room aware from the interesection.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased you chose to celebrate your anniversary at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville and you enjoyed your visit. We certainly hope you will return again soon.

South Carolina
Reviewed 3 September 2011

This was a great weekend getaway. Beautiful, quiet, great service. The room was huge and had the nicest soaking tub and bathroom of anywhere we've been. The spa is small, but excellent as well. The restaurant was very good as well.

It was a great place for my wife and I to just 'check out' of reality for a weekend. Highly recommended.

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisInSC
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 6 September 2011
We are so pleased you had a “great weekend getaway” at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville and appreciate your complimentary review. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the amenities offered and hope you will return for another visit.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Bohemian- The hotel itself reminded me of a German Hunters Lodge - the rooms were beautiful and comfortable. A nice romantic place to stay for couples. We were there in late fall with the weather a bit chilly so it was nice to come back to an open fireplace. Very close to the Biltmore House and cute little shops close by.

We ate at a wonderful Italian restaurant next door which was wonderful- highly recommend.

Across the street was a McDonald s with a Piano in it - a first for me - pretty entertaining to say the least.

The only thing I was not crazy about was the glass door for the bathroom.

All and all a nice place to stay in the mountains :) I am sure we will visit again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 70sgirl
Thank you for the kind review of your recent visit. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Love, love, love this hotel. The only place that MIGHT be better than here would be the Grove Park Inn, but to be fair I have never stayed at GPI. I did stay at the Bohemian and it was fabulous. It was luxurious and the decorating was delightful and very much in keeping with what you would expect to see, given its proximity to The Biltmore House. I felt like I was staying w/ the Vanderbilts. The location was great for sightseeing & shopping, which cannot be said for GPI. I hope to return to stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
We are excited you enjoyed your “luxurious” stay at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville and appreciate your very positive review and recommendation to others. We will welcome the opportunity to serve you again.