“Worth every penny!”

Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Atlanta
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Had one night to stay in Asheville and was very glad I chose this hotel for my wife and myself. The hotel is a sight to behold. Loved hanging out in the lobby having a few drinks before heading out into Asheville and the Biltmore Village. The rooms are well appointed with separate shower with rainfall showerheads and huge tubs to relax in. Tv's were flat screens with actual HD channels(hate when they have hd tv's but no hd channels). It was a Saturday and they had a free Wine and Cheese reception in the lobby of our building(there are two buildings) Short walk to the Corner Kitchen which has the best food in the Biltmore village(get a reservation). Lots of sightseeing to do, and a $4-$5 cab ride to the middle of Asheville's restaurants, shopping, nightlife. Some people complained about hearing a train at 3-4 am, but we weren't on that side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Knoxville
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Asheville for our anniversary and chose this hotel because of the good reviews. I'm, as always, confused by some of the other reviews I've read. One of the other reviewers mentioned a $20 valet fee and to have cash handy. It's a $15 valet fee and its added to your bill. You don't need any cash handy unless you'd like to tip your valet when he or she brings you your car. Also, someone else mentioned not having a thermostat in their room. We had one in ours. Maybe they just couldn't find there's. We did not stay in the building across the street and apparently those rooms are a little cheaper. That is a very busy road at times and would not have liked having to cross the street with luggage in tow. I'm surprised there isn't a covered walkway structure between the buildings couple of floors up for guests to use. Anyway, I thought the hotel was beautifully decorated and enjoyed my surroundings. Complimentary champaign was sent to our room to celebrate our anniversary. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I thought it was rather overpriced, however, if this hotel was in another city I would probably stay again. I am not impressed with Asheville at all. It's a pretty place and I only visited Biltmore Village and downtown, but I was rather put off by the hippy culture and being hit up for money by a drug addict looking woman as we were leaving the Mast General Store. I can honestly say, I've never been on a weekend getaway where I didn't shop. We didn't buy anything other than meals. Nothing! The village has a few cute little shops. There is a Williams-Sonoma and a Chico. And, I seriously don't get the art gallery thing. I love art. I'm an oil painter. But, honestly, art galleries and their pretentious overpricing. Why not open a shop with affordable art?

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Leisleis
Berkshire, England
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel is certainly not cheap but I thought it was of a very high standard (and a discreet part of the Marriott chain). Brilliant for access to the Biltmore Estate, although I asked, as a naïve Brit, if we could walk to the Estate as we were right at the entrance. No came the concierge reply - the house is 4 miles from the gates. Never stopped us before but....
The rooms were exceptional - both brilliantly designed and spotlessly clean. We didn't test the hotel services too much as there were some great alternatives for eating. Apart from Macdonalds there were some fine steakhouses within walking distance as well as TGI's and a couple of other chains.
The Biltmore Estate is expensive to access but absolutely worth it - fantastic mansion plus grounds.
Great experience hotel much further West than I thought North Carolina ever went.
Sadistic train drivers on the nearby line must wake the entire region during the night - take some earplugs !

Room Tip: Stay in the main building away from busy traffic - 1 out of 4 sides.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank merv1955
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Asheville was our destination for a long weekend holiday. The hotel was a delight. The rooms are luxurious with fabulously comfortable beds. Our room had a beautiful view of the Biltmore property. The bath is beautiful and the floors do get wet from the shower, but it's not really a problem the bath mat can't handle. All of the staff was helpful, and very well mannered. It was refreshing. The decor is a little over the top, but a lot of fun - you do feel you are really on holiday! My compliments to the management.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I went to Asheville for an anniversary getaway and we chose the Grand Bohemian, located at the entrance to the Estate in the darling Biltmore Village for its proximity to the Biltmore Estate without being on the estate itself. The hotel has a very interesting décor--lots of deer antlers, "hide" upholstery, outdoors-y art, and a luxurious lodge ambience. The front desk, concierge, doormen, and waitstaff were excellent. We ate one breakfast in the hotel and one dinner--both very good. We don't usually eat at our hotels as there are always many wonderful restaurants to try and the front desk was spot-on in their recommendations, all within walking distance of the hotel. The only thing that wasn't quite up to par was the housekeeping. On our second full day, we returned at about 4:30 PM from driving the Blue Ridge Parkway anticipating a nice nap before dinner, and our room wasn't yet made up. I understand they were preparing for a large group and were short-staffed, so we tried to be understanding, but still.... There is a very attractive outdoor terrace on the fourth floor, but it appeared to be used almost solely by smokers which turned us off. Would have been wonderful as a place to have a pre-post-dinner cocktail, but every time we looked out there, the only people there were sitting and smoking--bad use of a lovely spot!

4 Thank jmreading
Central Pa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This was a vacation trip for a long weekend in Asheville, NC. This is a wonderful hotel with great service and lovely rooms. The staff is exceptionally customer focused and truly concerned with the guest's experience.
We will definitely visit here again.

Room Tip: We had a room with an extra large soaking tub, very romantic
Dacula, Georgia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Fantastic location. The hotel has a Bavarian feel to it and feels quite comfortable. The employees went above and beyond to make our stay happy. When we checked in, we were given a glass of champagne and also were sent a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. The spa staff were so accommodating and friendly. The restaurant staff also went out of their way to make us feel special and relaxed. We asked the hostess for a private table for our anniversary and she was able to accommodate us. She recognized us whenever she saw us and went out of her way to accommodate any requests we had. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathtub is amazing. The beds were too hard for me but the room was immaculate. We did have a problem with our shower not properly draining and would flood if you did not take a shower quickly. This was a same because the shower had fantastic power and felt wonderful. We did have to bring this to the staffs attention twice. Even the valet was extremely friendly and helpful. We will gladly return next year for our anniversary.