“Great hotel BUT!”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Orlando, Florida
“Great hotel BUT!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is wonderful but Asheville is full of a lot of pot heads and people that are asking for money! What happened to Asheville? Why doesn't the city people clean there city up? The art is lousy and the shops are for gypsies! To the city people - Please clean your city up before there is no more city and no more Bohemian Hotel.

Room Tip: Don't go there because the city is awful! No more beautiful Asheville.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouieBryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great location, within feet of Biltmore Estate. Friendly staff, luxurious rooms, very comfortable beds. Great restaurant and bar. Charmola to beat the band. Clean rooms, lots of unexpected extras, like Bose radio, Internet TV. We will be back......

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bob M
Fleming Island, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We looked at several hotels before deciding on The Grand Bohemian while visiting the Biltmore. We chose this one for it's location (you can't get closer except for staying at the Inn on the property) but we loved it for the extra touches of luxury! The entire staff, from the Valets to the Desk staff to the Waiters were super! They were friendly, helpful and made sure our needs were met. The room (we had a King room on the 4th floor in the Main Building) was spacious and luxurious - the soaking tub was wonderful! The towels were soft, the bed and pillows were perfect and the online access via the smart TV made life even easier!

The style is like Gaston and the Beast (from Beauty and the Beast) together decided to decorate a hotel - lots of antlers and leather surrounded by marble and velvet. It sounds crazy, but it works! The overall affect is intimate but classy.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: the hotel is on the corner of two busy streets in the heart of the Biltmore Village. If you need qui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Cary, NC
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this beautiful hotel and it was just as perfect as the first stay. The staff is always welcoming and they made my birthday stay wonderful. The rooms are plush with the hunting lodge wood and lavish decor. The bath tub is the biggest I have ever been in and I just never want to leave this hotel when I am here. Thank you for making our second stay so memorable. The service, location and design are perfect.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katladyunc
Crescent Springs, Kentucky
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Did a lot of research on Asheville hotels and so glad I chose Grand Bohemian. From the moment your pull into the courtyard which is lovely, you feel welcome and pampered by every staff member you encounter. After many 'e-chats' with Parker, I was comfortable that everything I asked for would be addressed and was delighted it was - king bed, quiet part of the hotel, nice view and one of the few 'balconies' in the hotel and even the mini frig brought to our room. The lobby is extremely inviting and enjoyable to sit by the large fireplace. The restaurant was interesting, service was fine and the food was very good, breakfast and dinner. I loved the décor for the most part, the mounts and antler lighting fixtures but could do without the marble busts. The location is great, just outside the heart of the city in the charming Biltmore village. The room was very quiet in that I heard no inner hotel noise such as neighbors or music but being on the west side of the hotel, as requested, the morning traffic was a bit loud but not so in the nighttime. I hear more trains at my home than I heard here. I believe it was only once a day from this room. Overall our stay at the Grand Bohemian was a completely enjoyable experience!!

Room Tip: The hotel is arranged in a square with room surrounding the courtyard parking entry. I requested the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014

You want to stay at this hotel. Trust me. I'm a guy who is incredibly particular about hotels, and I admit to spending many hours researching the perfect place to stay for our wedding getaway to Asheville. The moment we stepped foot in the Grand Bohemian, we knew we made the right decision. It's incredibly beautiful and relaxing. It's one of those places that takes away all of your cares. When you are in the Grand Bohemian, you know you are on vacation. Then you get to the rooms ... and oh my, the rooms! We stayed in Room 420, which is a gorgeous suite. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the sitting area was most relaxing. The main event, however, is the bathroom. Those. Bathtubs. Are. Huge! You'll be tempted to spend your entire vacation in the tub. Oh, and the showers ... money. Straight money. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water! The hotel is also in a wonderful location, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate. If you're going to Asheville, stay at this hotel. There really is no reason to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite. It's a bit more expensive, of course, but you get your money's worth. You w...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Brett D
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great boutique hotel near restaurants and shopping. This was our first stay and we had a queen room on the second floor. Bathroom is very spacious and the room was very well appointed. I expected some noise from the train tracks and the busy near-by streets, but I did not expect noise from downstairs (a thump, thump music noise during the evening hours). Ate breakfast one morning and the service and food were good. Location will bring me to this hotel again and the staff was very nice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family