“I love this hotel!”

Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Melbourne, Florida
“I love this hotel!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Perfect for a romantic get away. Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries deliverd to you room on arrival will make you stay extra special. Get a suite with the jacuzzi tub. A real mans man will be comfortable in this hotel. Our room had a deer antler chandelier and light fixtures. It was very nicely decorated with beautiful artwork throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful and quiet. Sign up for Kessler email notices if you want a special packa...
1 Thank Ginny G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is not the Super Eight motel. So if your looking for cheap lodging and cheap in house dining, this place is not for you,
The Grand Bohemia is first class. The staff and their service was first class. Our room 222, second floor with walk out balcony was spotless. Big bath with divided and opaque glass doored commode and shower. A whirlpool tub big enough for 2 with double halfwall doors next to it that could be opened to see the large flat screen TV from the tub.
King memory foam bed that was just right. Fluffy robes in the closet.
In house restaurant pricey but a great dining experience and great food and OMG desserts ! Comfortable seating. Conversation friendly. World class, award winning Chef.
Public area décor is Bavarian hunting lodge. Very Biltmore. Lots of really great art. Take some time to wander around and really enjoy it.
Short walking distance to lots of unique shops and high end stores, and the gateway to Biltmore is across the street.
My only complaint, at these lodging rates there should not be an extra $18 charge to park in their basement parking lot.
If your not pinching pennies, this is a beautiful place to stay. Romantic even.

Room Tip: This is in a business area, albeit a very nice one, so there is no floor or side of the building tha...
1 Thank Gregg K
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location, and the staff is excellent! They went above & beyond to make our short stay extra special, and they succeeded. We had some issues getting the free on-demand movie to work in our room, but the engineer responded very promptly and never gave up. It did take till the evening hours to get it working, so the front desk sent up a bottle of champagne and cookies and tea to make up for the inconvenience. A side note...don't let the high-tech remote control intimidate you. It has a roller ball that you use to access the different features with the Roomlinx program, such as use of a DVD and movies on-demand. All you have to do is hit the "channel" button or press a channel number and that will get you to regular tv programming. The rooms are beautiful and I love how the bathrooms have a separate tub and shower. Glad we stayed in the main building because the other building is across a busy street. The restaurant in the hotel had excellent service & food. We ate dinner and breakfast there. We will definitely return to this hotel. Thank you to the staff for making our stay so memorable!! Great job!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FSUgirlGreenville
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were at this hotel for four nights and enjoyed the location right outside the Biltmore Estates entrance and lots of shops and a wonderful restaurant the Corner Kitchen within walking distance. All of the staff from parking attendants to housekeeping were so well trained and friendly. It is a very dark property with a closed in feeling which may not appeal to some. There is a wonderful art collection throughout the hotel and I really enjoyed seeing the artwork as I came to and from our room. We had breakfast in our room every morning and room service was always on time and again so friendly. The staff is very well trained in hospitality. I would prefer a more open lobby but other than that enjoyed our time here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with large windows if you enjoy open space.
1 Thank JosieJo02
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Preface this by saying I spent about 175 days in hotels last year.

This hotel has much going for it: it is relatively new and the rooms are spacious. The decorating is not to my (nor anyone I know) style, but it is executed consistently.

However:
- It is very, very dark. They have selected an obscure theme (dark Bavaria - not reminiscent of the Bavaria I've visited) and done very well sticking to it. (e.g. vampires would be at home.) Wouldn't take much to lighten it up and make the hotel look very nice. Step one - get rid of the stuffed boar in a hat by the fireplace.
- There are no clocks or phones near the bed. There is one phone in a suite. Our smaller adjacent room with two queens has a tiny window.
- The wifi works intermittently. It is free - but works about 10% of the time. I offered to pay for functioning wifi, but this isn't available. Even at breakfast - near the lobby - no wifi. The waitress said it hardly ever works. Our in-room wifi (two rooms) has been reset a few times with very limited success.
- The tv system in-room is bizarre. This is perhaps THE first hotel on earth that doesn't offer pay per view. Yes, there is an on-demand system - but featuring old/bad titles. You have to turn the TV on and off to reset it to the main menu. Not the end of the world, but after a long day - would have been great to have a movie; even at $15.
- Poor insulation between rooms
- There is not a separate concierge/reception. We waited 10 minutes to check in. Reception has consistently had a line when we were in the lobby.
- No turn down service, unless requested, which, of course, one does not know until it does not occur. Daytime housekeeping re-cleaned on request…after failing to take away the dirty towel from the previous night, leaving dirty wine glasses, and cleaning around personal bath items.
- No laundry/dry cleaning service offered on the weekend. I learned this when my laundry was not picked up on Saturday morning…despite having followed the WEEKEND laundry instructions on the appropriate form. This has left me in a bind - no clean workout clothes until returning home.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KAL2143
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent visit. I’m very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our boutique hotel lodge theme. In addition, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you experienced with our wifi and housekeeping service. We take a great deal of pride in our service standards so your comments have been shared with the appropriate leadership so the necessary corrective measures can be taken. Our Director of Engineering and wifi service provider have checked our system to ensure all routers are now working correctly. Please allow me to address a couple of your comments so it may enhance a future visit or assist other guests. Each hotel guest room includes a cordless telephone that can be moved to any location in the room and our in-room Bose Stereo System includes a remote control that allows guests to control the clock/radio near the bed or any area of your room. The Roomlinx TV entertainment system provides a number of complimentary movies, complimentary internet service, as well as access to Netflix. We greatly appreciate your favorable comments “This hotel has much going for it: it is relatively new and the rooms are spacious.” We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust and show you a true Grand Bohemian Hotel experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of additional assistance.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We arrived with the hope of a lovely evening only to be greeted by a dark and crowded wait at the reception area. Some guests were served champagne. And then others (my husband and I), didn't seem to rate. When it was our turn to check in, the person at reception thanked me for being a rewards member and told me he only had rooms with two queens - although he saw that I had requested a king. Had he simply said: we have a king across the street in our manor house, we would have been fine. Instead - he insisted that they don't guarantee rooms - and that he was holding kings for other guests.It created a most unpleasant beginning to our stay. Frankly - I'd choose another location next time.

2 Thank PrincessJRJ
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
I’m very sorry to hear that your arrival experience did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager so the necessary corrective measures can be taken. Please accept our sincere apology for not offering you and your husband a glass of champagne upon arrival. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, if I can be of assistance with reserving a reservation that guarantees you a king size bed on a future visit. We would love another opportunity to regain your trust.
Spartanburg
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On multiple occasions my wife and I have enjoyed this top quality hotel for weekend getaways where the point was to be pampered. Just outside the Biltmore Estates main entrance, and within walking distance of many of Asheville's finest specialty shops, this hotel makes a perfect place for a few days of luxury without worries. For a fabulous romantic dinner, the Red Stag Restaurant on the premises offers a top-notch foodie experience. Great staff, great rooms, great food -- just GO!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple