“We loved this motel!”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Rocky Mount, Virginia
“We loved this motel!”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We loved this motel! It was very clean and fresh-smelling! Had a microwave, refrigerator, coffeemaker, hair-dryer. Very roomy! They had a free hot breakfast that was great, included sausage, eggs, gravy, biscuits, muffins and more! The rate was excellent. We really got our money's worth here! When we go back to Asheville, we'll go back to Super 8!!! Wonderful!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hikers4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff at this Super 8, especially the manager, Garry. When we entered to inquire about a room, Garry and another employee were helping a lost family who had his motel confused with the Super 8 in the next town, Black Mountain, where they had a reservation. Both men patiently explained to the group that they were in Asheville, not Black Mountain. They made calls for the family, gave them excellent directions to their original destination, and calmed the flustered women. They were SO nice to them! I was SO impressed. After waiting on them they gave us a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price on the ground floor, which we requested. Courtesy is in short supply these days, but it is alive and well at the Super 8 in Asheville.

Room Tip: Just ask, staff was happy to meet our requirements
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MizCindyLou
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Its a Super 8 like all others. It took us about 20 minutes to check in because the reception was unmaned and it took a guy 20 minutes to show up. We parked in the rear so that our car was below the room - we were on a room in the rear in the back. I would have preferred a room in the front, because the rear is slightly isolated and I was less than certain of the guests on the ground floor. But there was no issue - my car was full of stuff. I prefer the parking in the front, so I parked there on the 2nd day.

Cheaper hotels in Asheville are in this neighborhood. We wanted to see Chimney Rock, which is about 30 minutes away. For that, I would have preferred a hotel closer to the place, but this was the cheapest place. The entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway is not far away, about 3 miles which was perfect for me after I had checked out.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Greenville, NC
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Our room was VERY dark and dingy compared to the room photos on the website. Also, service is pretty poor... there were several times we called the front desk during normal business hours and nobody answered. Also, the wireless service is TERRIBLE... it constantly crashes, is very slow, and does not work with most browsers. The best thing about this hotel is that the provided breakfast is better than what most budget motels offer. We booked this hotel during a promotion, so I feel like it was ok for the price we paid, but I would not pay over $55 per night to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EBGreenville
Brookings, South Dakota, USA
Reviewed 12 March 2011

While not terrible, even for a low rate hotel this one really lacked. The toilet was not attached to the floor and wobbled. It is a noisy location made worse by someone parking a motorcycle outside our door. I've stayed at worse places but this one certainly is near the bottom. If I were you I'd spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. You'll be glad you did. I wish we did.
However, the guy at the front desk when we checked in was very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JAL51
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Very nasty from the carpet to the bathrooms, and no service ice machines.
Very poor water pressure ( can't even wash hands ).
Would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank mikeseth
michigan
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stayed here on my way to Orlando, Florida. Got there kind of late, but there were plenty of rooms available. Quiet and comfortable. No noise what so ever, considering it was just off the highway. Will stay again if needed

Stayed October 2009, travelled solo