“Road Trip Stopover”

Ranked #26 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
London, United Kingdom
“Road Trip Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nice clean hotel, value for money, breakfast better than most in this price range, good location for exploring the mountains. not to far from the town center and close to quite a few resturents, would stay there again

Room Tip: ask for level 1 as no lift
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
S8AVL, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hello and many thanks!

I appreciate you noting the cleanliness of our facility. I am pleased we exceeded your expectations with our complimentary breakfast. We are such a terrific value in a very popular tourist town. So glad you stated that you would stay again! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Spruce Pine, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Agree with others that it's 'nothing fancy' but didn't expect that. Asheville is an expensive town during tourist season and on weekends. My two-night stay in midweek, with AAA discount, was under $70 per night. The rooms appeared to be recently redecorated with modern TV, microwave, a nice little frig, good lighting. One caveat: If you need reliable internet, this may not be the place for you. Any sizable file or significant Cloud activity took forever or failed. Might work better if you were in office/breakfast area.

Room Tip: A creek running in front of the rooms (it's a small two story motel style) requires you to park...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
S8AVL, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello! and Thanks!

You are correct! Super 8's are generally considered "nothing fancy", but we do have a great room for a great price! Asheville has becoming a premier tourist destination, and that really drives lodging rates, so we are so pleased to be able to offer our rooms for great rates! All the rooms were renovated this past year, and feature fridges, micros, flat screen tvs, and very comfortable beds! I am sorry the wifi wasn't as reliable as you expected. We will continue to look into the matter, and try to get the performance up on that! It is good to know that due to the parking situation the rooms stay quieter.

Please return!
Fort Myers
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am very upset with my last stay at Super 8, in Asheville, NC. We were told that there was a NC law that we had to let cleaning staff into the room every 2 days. I have health issues and I take pain killers an did not wish to have people in my room, after the room was cleaned we had an entire bag of items missing? I had medication, drawings from my grandson, brownies my granddaughter made, magazines, candles and other food items in the bag, when I spoke to personnel they said I must have left my items too close to the garbage an they have been thrown out. I will not be staying at your motels any longer and I will urge others not to stay there. I DO expect my items to be in the room when I return especially unreplacable items, I would consider that theft.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello dear guest,

We greatly apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding concerning your items that were dipsosed of. Our management company's policy requires the rooms to be cleaned every other day to ensure continuous sanitation standards. It is our housekeepers common assumption that items in garbage bags, left near garbage cans, are items to be disposed of. From what our housekeepers explained, your items were in such a bag and in such a location. I do understand the disappointment of losing those precious items from your family, and of course your necessary medication. Please believe that our staff never intended for that. Please feel free to reach our to our management to furthur discuss ways of resolving this matter.

Clayton, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nothing fancy--but I was not looking for fancy! Comfortable clean rooms and beds. Great value for a stay in an expensive town! Routine chain hotel, near food, shopping and gas, on main road. Short drive to downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Hello and thanks!
We are glad you found our clean and simple, low priced property! We are a town that has some very steep lodging prices. We are 3 minutes to downtown, and we have plenty of dining and shopping within walking distance!

Stay with us again!
Otto, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

If you need a place to sleep where the bed is comfortable, the air conditioner quiet, a clean room and more than enough pillows then for the money this is the Ritz.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

1 Thank Brooks F
Hello valued guest!

We thank you for your nice review of our property.I am glad that your AC was quiet and the bed comfortable. You really cannot find a better deal in Asheville!

Please return!
Macomb, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as a stopover for go to The Biltmore. Great location for highway, downtown, Biltmore. Very clean, nice staff, breakfast the usual.A Lots of chain restaurants on the strip so we had to drive a bit to get to get to something local. A good deal for the price. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: don't stay on the first floor facing the road if you want any kind of a view. There is a privac...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
S8AVL, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Hi!

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about our property. We are glad you found us to be a nice , clean location for a good price. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly as well. We do hope you will stay with us again!