“A tale of 2 pizzas, and some beer oh and a cider”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #92 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Located in the heart of Asheville, offering spring water dough pizza w/ gluten free & vegan options + salads, hoagies and all the local craft beer. We're also now serving brunch on Sundays 'til 1pm!
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Went to MM with my Mom (73 yr old) and our friends (barely or not quite 40) had a DELICIOUS mushroom pizza aptly named the Holy Shiitake Pizza and bc it is bacon month some sort of bacon themed pizza, meh. I had the Red & Battlefield draft dark and wonderful. Server brought ample samples:^) and the guys and mom had angry orchard cider. A good time was had by all!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am not a big fan of pizza except for take out. I probably wouldn't have come in if I had known that was the main fare. However, after a loong drive ot get here, i wasn't going to quibble. The salad was interesting as was the pizza. Not a bad place all in all, I did like the outdoor seating

Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a pretty crazy pizza place. The whole place much have been decorated while high on 'shrooms. However that makes it eclectic and awesome.The food is pretty dang amazing too. I had one of their special bacon pizzas that was incredible. My wife had a veggie sandwich that she was oooing and ahhhing over. I didn't drink, but they have a pretty good beer selection.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We came in on a busy Saturday night with a group of 12 and were seated in 10 minutes. We had three different pizzas between everyone, but the best one by far was the Mellowterranean. Service was quick as well. We drove down from Michigan to visit family and the food left such a good taste in our mouths that we got another pizza to go the next afternoon before we went home. Now if only we could get a Mellow Mushroom in Michigan...

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Had heard how good the Mellow Mushroom restaurants are that I decided to try it. Had the pizza with everything on it. Forgot the actual name of it. Very good. Also tried the Greek salad and it was good. Restaurant was busy for a Sunday afternoon. They have a mix of music playing while you eat but don't expect to carry on conversations because it's pretty loud and with all the people even more so. Several overhead TVs to watch sports. The decor includes a lot of colors and wild stuff that takes you back to the hippie era. All the wait staff dress in whatever mood hits them I would say. They gave good sandwiches also at their locations. Prices were about the same at other pizza locations