“Our 1st "Experience"”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Located in the heart of Asheville, offering spring water dough pizza w/ gluten free & vegan options + salads, hoagies and all the local craft beer. We're also now serving brunch on Sundays 'til 1pm!
Reviewed 19 November 2013

In Asheville with family mainly to do the Blue Ridge Parkway. Happened to come during peak fall colors & Oasis Music Festival which meant long waits at most restaurants. After wandering around downtown looking over menus posted outside & sending in a "scout" to find out how long the wait was, we opted to try the Mellow Mushroom. The décor was "hippy-like" & the atmosphere was indeed mellow. We hit the bar for a beer to pass the time & were impressed by the selection. We all got a pint & hadn't even finished it by the time our double booth, to fit the 8 of us, was ready. I'd say the wait was maybe 15 minutes. A friendly & helpful wait person took our orders. We started with 2 appetizers - the pretzels & bruschetta. Both were delicious, the pretzels were my personal favorite. After a 2nd round of beers were delivered, our food promptly arrived. My sister & I split our meals so we could try 2 different things. I ordered the Mushroom Club Hoagie & she ordered the Thai Dye pizza. Both were great, but the Thai Dye pizza was to die for. We wished we had both just ordered a whole one each. My husband had their chicken calzone - also great. At the table others had the Kosmic Karma with feta & spinach - yummy and the House Special with everything but the kitchen sink on it - also yummy. The only downside was the Maui Wowie pizza - the jerk chicken on it was way too spicy for any one of us to eat. So be forewarned. That, however, is not enough to keep us away. Now that we "have been experienced", we will definitely hit another Mellow Mushroom in our travels.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I live in a town that has a Mellow Mushroom but have never been. So we decided to try in Asheville and we are so glad we did. The food was amazing!! We had a white pizza that had feta cheese on it which I was a little unsure of. But it was sooo goood!!! Nice, Unique Menu with lots of choices!! Also the 'pizza dough' pretzels were to die for! Will definately be visiting at home!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Went today with my wife and son on the recommendation of a stranger. Service was excellent, decor was very funky and food was delicious. The next time we are in town, we will definitely be back to Mellow Mushroom.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Went to MM with my Mom (73 yr old) and our friends (barely or not quite 40) had a DELICIOUS mushroom pizza aptly named the Holy Shiitake Pizza and bc it is bacon month some sort of bacon themed pizza, meh. I had the Red & Battlefield draft dark and wonderful. Server brought ample samples:^) and the guys and mom had angry orchard cider. A good time was had by all!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am not a big fan of pizza except for take out. I probably wouldn't have come in if I had known that was the main fare. However, after a loong drive ot get here, i wasn't going to quibble. The salad was interesting as was the pizza. Not a bad place all in all, I did like the outdoor seating