Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
US$99
Country Inn
US$201
US$178
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$101
US$134
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$349
US$314
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$163
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewslori and peterivy gardenmagnolia roomb bturnoversother guestsfront porchkoi pondafternoon winebananas fosterwonderful hostshors d'oeuvreseach morninghost and hostessowners and staffwine and appetizershouse is beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My partner and I made the decision to visit Asheville as part of a southern states vacation. After calling one B & B and getting a very "cold shoulder" on the phone, we called Black Walnut and spoke to Peter, one of the owners. He was extremely friendly and actually seemed to encourage us to bring our shelties. My partner is very particular about rooms, but the website looked promising.

When we walked into our room, we were so impressed. My partner actually said "I think this is the nicest room we have ever stayed in." The decorating in the main room was beautiful, and we were even more impressed with how the bathroom was designed.

While there, one of our dogs became quite ill. We rushed him to the 24-hour emergency hospital, which also should get a 5-star rating. Peter and Lori were so sympathetic to our dilemma and wanted to make sure our little guy was OK. These inn-keepers are so welcoming, and we couldn't have felt more "at home."

By the way, the breakfast is five-star, as well. There is something different each day, and the cooking/baking is spectacular.

It was hard for us to leave these nice folks and their outstanding B & B. If ever in Asheville again, we will not hesitate to stay at the Black Walnut.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterB1958
Reviewed 16 June 2011

My wife and I decided to return to Asheville for a few days of vacation. We found the Black Walnut via a search engine and after a few views of the rooms, and after reading a few reviews we reserved the Dogwood Room for a 3 day stay. We arrived and were greeted by the innkeepers/hosts Peter and Lori. After making us feel at home they showed us to our lovely room and what happened over the next 3 days was wonderful - from the gourmet (really) breakfast in the morning, to the high tea (really wine and gourmet treats), to the homemade chocolate treats on our bed after the turndown service. We had a wonderful time, met wonderful guests, and were pampered by Peter and Lori. If you are visiting Asheville, enjoy the atmosphere of a bed and breakfast, were recommend the Black Walnut.
Phil and Barb W. , Fleming Island, FL

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seauthor
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I was surfing B&B's in Asheville and came accross this one, telephoneed and asked about specials listed on the web page. I immediately began to get very short responses and was then hung up on. Called back, and someone who identified himself as Peter insulted my sexual identity. I only wish this were a joke, but it isn't. All I can say is be careful with this one.

• Stayed: June 2011
7  Thank CrimeLabGuy
1BlackWalnut, Owner at Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

This review is not correct. This reviewer called very late( after 9 pm) and I was very polite and helpful until he became unpleasant.I suggested he review the site as the info is complete, explained where to find the answers to his questions on-line, and asked he call the next day if he needed additional attention.He responded very rudely to me.My husband, who overheard his rudeness, merely explained he would not be welcome to stay with us as a result . This precipitated a tirade that we would be VERY sorry.I did not hang up on this guest until he stopped speaking for so long,I thought he had already hung up. There was no question about his sexual identity,and we do not discriminate against anyone.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Although we stayed over a year ago this is one of our best B and B experiences ever. Peter and Lori are terrific inn keepers and a joy to get to know. Would definitely stay here on next trip to Asheville. Highly recommend Black Walnut!!! Enjoy tea time!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We spent two nights here and found the accomodations on par with a 5 star hotel.

The food was delicious and the owners, Pater and Lori, were delighful and extremely helpful with local restaurants and activities.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple