Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
US$124
Country Inn
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$132
US$116
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$201
US$177
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$173
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$293
Autograph
  • Restaurant
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
US$276
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
US$338
Travelocity
All reviewslori and peterivy gardenmagnolia roomb bturnoversother guestsfront porchkoi pondafternoon winebananas fosterwonderful hostshors d'oeuvreseach morninghost and hostessowners and staffwine and appetizershouse is beautiful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Lori and Peter are super hosts food is fantastic rooms grounds spotless they ran pastry bakery for 15 years on Marthas Vinyard and it really shows up in there servings at breakfast and high tea they have 2 pet friendly units that was great for us our dog even had home made doggy treats and special bed

Room Tip: Magnolia and Camillia rooms are pet friendly
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2013

What a nice place to spend so quality get away time. Peter and Lori were two of the best host we have ever had at our B & B stay around the country. The hospility shown to us by the staff was the best. Everything was wonderful from the greeting at the door to the moment we left. Nothing but OUTSTANDING service, food and qraciousness. On the 4th of July Lori and Peter fixed a spread of nice picnic items for the quest. The blueberry pie was to die for. It was our first time that we had blueberry pie. The front porch is so nice to sit on and talk with other quest. The entire group of people took care of us like we were family. We highly recommend the "Black Walnut" for anyone wanting the best experience a B&B can offer. We will return soon. Sandy and Jim Claycomb Gallatin TN

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I loved staying at the Black Walnut. It is a beautiful place with incredible food! The breakfasts are to die for! Lori, Peter and the staff are very warm and inviting and willing help you any way they can.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I frequently visit Asheville. We have stayed in the property located on the Biltmore grounds, along with many other properties downtown, especially ones that were dog-friendly. We were given a gift certificate for the Black Walnut as a Christmas gift, as the gift-giver had heard about how kind they were to pet owners.

As we began planning for our annual Labor Day getaway last fall, we decided to use our gift certificate and stay at the Black Walnut. I called and spoke to Lori, who set us up with the Camellia Room. I explained we would be bringing Redmond, our gentle, loving 3 lb. Pomeranian, and she expressed much delight over meeting him!

Unfortunately, two weeks before our stay, Redmond passed away due to two congenital heart defects he had suffered from since birth. We decided to take our trip to Asheville anyway, almost as a recuperatory trip, after being completely heartbroken from our loss.

When we arrived at the Inn, the owners wanted to meet Redmond. We explained he had just passed away, and they were exceptionally apologetic. They truly love their own pets, and understood the pain I was experiencing that weekend - my first trip without Redmond.

The next day, after our room had been freshened up, we returned to our room and found a note placed on the bed for me. The note was from the owners, Peter and Lori, once again expressing deep condolences over the loss of Redmond. I was so overwhelmed by their kindness and this gesture that was so above-and-beyond anything that had ever been done for me by any other place I have ever stayed. I still have the letter in a little memory box I keep with Redmond's things.

Along with that experience, our two night stay was just wonderful. Peter explained to me his affinity for jams and preserves (which I share), and both mornings I had some of the best preserves I have ever eaten. I enjoyed walking around the Montford neighborhood and seeing many examples of mission-style and Craftsman architecture. Downtown is a 10-15 minute walk away...we kept our car parked at the inn, except for nighttime trips downtown.

My husband and I usually like to stay at different places every time we go, so that we get many experiences in Asheville. We may just have to break that habit...we absolutely loved the Black Walnut.

Room Tip: The Camellia Room is beautiful and pet-friendly. As explained above, we did not get a chance to bring our pet, but chose to stay in the Camellia room regardless. It was so exceptionally clean, though, you would never know it had ever had a pet in it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. It is charming, comfortable, warm and welcoming, and just plain lovely. The rooms are spacious and the hosts are very accommodating and welcoming. We stayed in the Camilla Room (even though we didn't have a pet in this pet friendly room), which is detached from the main house. It was tastefully done and beautiful. We had a little kitchenette and an outdoor seating area with table, chairs and umbrella. We had a lot of privacy but could go and mingle at the main house. It was perfect. They have a lovely "tea time/cocktail hour" where they provide wines or tea along with appetizers. Very nice and we sat on the front porch and chatted with our hosts and other guests. But had we wanted to just take the goodies to our own table and chairs we could have done that as well. The breakfast was fabulous and the hosts were helpful as we planned out our day. This was a luxurious stay!

Room Tip: Camilla Room is detached from the main house, so a little more private in my opinion. We had a little kitchenette and outside our own patio with table and chairs and umbrella. The room was comfortable and spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends